What to do after 12th CBSE [Bad Result]

Vote after reading the post

• Total voters

AcceleratorX

Youngling
Thermodynamics is a hell lot more than just maths, I can assure you!!! :evil:

It is just mathematics with certain boundary conditions and physical assumptions and limits. I have studied thermodynamics 3 times: Engineering Thermodynamics, Chemical Thermodynamics and Statistical Thermodynamics (Note: I am not a mechanical or chemical engineer either). Each time it was fundamentally the same, though how it is applied and explained can be very different. To score good, you'd need some grip on physics fundamentals. To just pass, if you are good in maths it is very easy. Thermodynamics is energy conversion expressed through state and path functions (a mathematical concept) and physical laws evaluated through differential and integral equations (statistical thermodynamics is different).

Last edited:

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Well, I never could solve exergy problems with simple mathematics!!! But, then, I was not good in maths either!!! :mrgreen:
:p

AcceleratorX

Youngling
Well, I never could solve exergy problems with simple mathematics!!! But, then, I was not good in maths either!!! :mrgreen:
:p

I never liked the way "exergy" was treated in engineering thermodynamics. It is a term that exists for engineers only. It is not used anywhere else. I found it a lot more easier and practical to use the term "free energy" than exergy, which is a similar concept (free energy vs. exergy ---> science vs. engineering, basically). The whole concept became much clearer after I learnt things differently when I had to (compulsorily) take the chemical and statistical thermodynamics courses. It was tough (3 times thermo!) but in the end, you gotta do what you gotta do. :D

- - - Updated - - -

Even i don't know how i cleared thermodynamics

I think the situation is similar with many of us :)

The first time, I did find it very tough. The second and third time it seemed easier, maybe because I had already faced it before :)

ankurrautela

New to this forum
Hi Ramesh,

As a B.Tech student, I suggest you to choose a reputed colleges. If you get low percentage, you should prepare for JEE Main for next one year.

Right now, if you choose any below average college, you may have to face difficulties at the time of placement in your final year. So I strongly suggest you, choose only reputed college.

OP
R

ramesh123

Right off the assembly line
Putting another year. Can someone please tell me the in which subjects can I apply for improvement?
I opted for Physics, Chemistry, Maths, English Core and Physical edu.

It's kind of urgent.

- - - Updated - - -

:bump:

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
You said you wanted to pursue CS. I don't think you should spend another year learning PCM. I don't get the point of studying chemistry again just to get into a good "CS" engineering programme. Join any college, and complete your engineering. Do cool projects, open source contributions. Participate in competitive programming. That'll help you get a good job. This, if you're sure you are interested in Computer Science.
At the end of the day, it's your choice....if you want you can take a year-off.

Come to Mizoram University. Lots of B.Tech programs offered here. Quality is up to notch, central university and its the only one we have here so govt spends crores and crores on Mizoram University every year. Since it was established like 15 yrs ago only (one of the youngest central Uni in India) so its not very famous. Placement could be a problem since only Guwahati or Kolkata based firms care to come here. Most B.Tech students, if not all, are from outside north-east, as in, plain area.. so you will fit right in.

I think you should move on..
Some of my friends dropped to improve their rank from 50K all india (It was good rank already)..
But couldn't make much difference at the end of year....

Even after year drop..They went to colleges , they could go in first time...
It was waste of whole year......

$hadow

Geek in making
If want to do the same as you stated then you should Put another year in 12th to improve result, but if you are sure that you will be definitely able to get more then 80% and if you can't guarantee it then you should not waste 1 year, if you want to do something then you can do anything with 68%.

It is October thread man. I think even OP has decided something for sure uptill now.

alina

Right off the assembly line
There are lots career option after 12th. there are professional courses, degree level courses, skill development courses all you have to do is find our your interest. you should find in which you are master , you should identify your interest. once you will find your interest you can find best career options after 12th

Good Luck :)

Top Bottom