What the **** is going on with BSNL BB?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
attn value depends on wire length(aka distance from exchange) so nearer you are to exchange lower will be the this value.SNR depends on noise in the line which has practically nothing to do with distance.during monsoon season SNR usually drops but as long as it remains above 10 at all times you should not face disconnection issues.

sabre23

Right off the assembly line
attn value depends on wire length(aka distance from exchange) so nearer you are to exchange lower will be the this value.SNR depends on noise in the line which has practically nothing to do with distance.during monsoon season SNR usually drops but as long as it remains above 10 at all times you should not face disconnection issues.
ADSL
TypeFast Path
StatusSHOWTIME
DownstreamUpstream
Data rate(Kbps)2048256
Noise Margin1322
Output power(dBm)1220
Attenuation(dB)166

Please Help me with these. I am using BSNL broadband from 2006 and never faced this type of serious issue before.
Most of the time My Broadband throws Request Time Out from last 1 month though Disconnection issue is very limited. Local exchange SDO says Request time out issue is out of his hands and can only be solved by higher ranks.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
if dsl link is stable & you are connected & still facing issues with browsing then try changing default dns servers to google dns servers or opendns.just google search & you will get lots of info.

aniketana

Broken In
Yes,BSNL dns most of the times is not working.If you are using Desktop change the IP address of your computer manually (IP:192.168.1.2 mask 255.255.255.0and gateway 192.168.1.1) and configure open DNS server IP address as DNS server. If laptop change DNS server address in modem.

comrade

foreign return(0)
Yes,BSNL dns most of the times is not working.If you are using Desktop change the IP address of your computer manually (IP:192.168.1.2 mask 255.255.255.0and gateway 192.168.1.1) and configure open DNS server IP address as DNS server. If laptop change DNS server address in modem.

A more easier way to change dns on the fly would be using DNS Jumper. Dns Jumper v1.0.5 « Sordum.org.

Top Bottom