What the **** is going on with BSNL BB?

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
How is the situation guys? Everything all right?
For me the direct links or the known/popular links are opening fine, nothing else!

Vignesh B

Youngling
Today at last the situation seems a "bit" fine. Rill yesterday, I used to get full speed for the initial some time, but later it deteriorates.
Btw that image opened fine today.
But still that "normal" speed is yet to come.

It seems noobish to ask after a month of horror that you have faced, but have you tried using any alternate DNS servers like Google DNS, or Open DNS. For me BSNL DNS servers have been very inconsistent for me. Since you are saying only popular links are opening, it "can" be a DNS issue too.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
It seems noobish to ask after a month of horror that you have faced, but have you tried using any alternate DNS servers like Google DNS, or Open DNS. For me BSNL DNS servers have been very inconsistent for me. Since you are saying only popular links are opening, it "can" be a DNS issue too.
No not noobish, lol.
Honestly, and one might think that I sound crazy, but both Google and Open DNS servers respond worse than default BSNL server for me. Whenever I had slow down, I change DNS instantly to Google one but there is absolutely no improvement. And when everything was fine those servers respond worse than BSNL DNS server.
That particular image is taking 10 minutes for me to load, which is later confirmed by couple of my local friends. So I'm not really thinking about it, but what's wondering is that if I download the image via IDM all is fine!

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Here starts the problem!
Kindly tell me how long this image is taking to load?
*dlakshman.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/img_0031.jpg
Please don't download with IDM or any accelerator, that would defeat the purpose I guess.

Vignesh B

Youngling
Good. Seems the problem is limited within W.B only! Once it loaded okay for on my side too however, but most times it's taking so long........
You using Google DNS?
Overall, today has been a much better day after a long time. No slow-downs yet.
I shuffle between BSNL DNS ad Google DNS. By default it is BSNL DNS. But at certain random times, it starts acting up, so change to Google DNS.
Like for you, BSNL DNS is the fastest for me even though it is pretty much inconsistent(when it works well, it is the fastest, at other times, it goes to a crawl.)

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Okay, thanks both. Sorry Mario I misread you.
So what could be the problem with me? Why I can download the image via an accelerator normally, yet not within the browser? Can I do any tweak with my router settings? However not sure it'll work as everyone here (in my location) having same issue!

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
Okay, thanks both. Sorry Mario I misread you.
So what could be the problem with me? Why I can download the image via an accelerator normally, yet not within the browser? Can I do any tweak with my router settings? However not sure it'll work as everyone here (in my location) having same issue!

An accl. will generally open multiple streams to the target and simultaneously download multiple parts of the target resource (only when allowed and supported).
The other folks at your location that you are referring to, are they using BSNL (same ISP as yours) ?

Then it could be a line issue - get hold of the local linesman (I know, easier said than done) and ask him to check the wire. Better yet, trace the wire from your router's a55 back onto the junction box and see if you can find any minor/major cracks, joints, loose joints etc. although that would be particular to your case only.

Earlier you said, BSNL DNS works best for you, still, try changing over to Google DNS/Open DNS and see if it speeds things up (try at around the same time of the day when you face issues).

And finally, ........................ Pray!

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Yes, the other folks, three of them actually, have same ISP, BSNL, and two of them have same plan actually. One lives just within half km of local exchange.
I don't know if I can ask the local service man to check the cable for me, I don't talk with them, maybe I'll need to send someone there for it.
Thanks.

Vignesh B

Youngling
Yes, the other folks, three of them actually, have same ISP, BSNL, and two of them have same plan actually. One lives just within half km of local exchange.
I don't know if I can ask the local service man to check the cable for me, I don't talk with them, maybe I'll need to send someone there for it.
Thanks.
Try contacting the higher officials like the nodal officer or above. Usually in BSNL, it tends to work rather than complaining in the local BSNL office.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Okay thanks for that site, bsnl.co.in, Papul. I do see some fellas listed (telecom circles, maintenance regions blah blah.., could you possibly tell me to whom I could send an email? Lots of designations, lots of names!

PS: How come at every night, at a specific time connection becomes all fine. Did they set some timer on my line, WTF?

Last edited:

papul1993

not a newbie.....
Better you call. Call the of the nearest telephone exchange.

Internet is better now because it's off peak hours. Less traffic.

Top Bottom