What song are you addicted to at the moment?

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
George Thorogood - Bad To The Bone. This' awesome, can't get my ears off that song.
Chuck Berry's [Michael J. Fox] - Johnny B. Goode from BTTF.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Beneath the Remains :- Sepultura (pure thrash - \m/)

Angel of Death, Black Magic, Show No Mercy, Behind The Crooked Cross, Hate Worldwide and Psychopathy Red :- Slayer

Suicide Machine, Cosmic Sea, Lack of Comprehension, The Philisopher, Infernal Death, Zombie Ritual and Painkiller (Judas Priest Cover) :- Death

Skin O' My Teeth, Hangar 18, A Tout Le Monde, Forclosure of a Dream, Wake up Dead, Peace Sells and Headcrusher by Megadeth

Ride the Lightning, Hit the Lights, Seek and Destroy, Anesthesia (pulling Teeth), Fight Fire With Fire, Metal Millitia and Master of Puppets by Metallica

Number of The Beast, Run to The Hills, 2 Minutes to Midnight and Be Quick or be Dead by Iron Maiden

That's it for now.

Beneath the Remains :- Sepultura (pure thrash - \m/)

Angel of Death, Black Magic, Show No Mercy, Behind The Crooked Cross, Hate Worldwide and Psychopathy Red :- Slayer

Suicide Machine, Cosmic Sea, Lack of Comprehension, The Philisopher, Infernal Death, Zombie Ritual and Painkiller (Judas Priest Cover) :- Death

Skin O' My Teeth, Hangar 18, A Tout Le Monde, Forclosure of a Dream, Wake up Dead, Peace Sells and Headcrusher by Megadeth

Ride the Lightning, Hit the Lights, Seek and Destroy, Anesthesia (pulling Teeth), Fight Fire With Fire, Metal Millitia and Master of Puppets by Metallica

Number of The Beast, Run to The Hills, 2 Minutes to Midnight and Be Quick or be Dead by Iron Maiden

That's it for now.

hehe, even I cant get enough Kill 'Em All :D

Got any more artists similar to CoB, Lamb Of God? Or even Metallica? Not too heavy, it's just that all I've got is the big 4+CoB and Lamb of God :|

BTW, you might have seen this, but even so. It's a video of Cliff Burton leading Metallica through For Whom The Bell Tolls:

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KpxOmksHrY

R.I.P. Clifford Burton

On Topic, I'm addicted to For Whom The Bell Tolls, Seek And Destroy And Four Horsemen (Metallica) Mechanix, Peace Sells and Dread and The Fugitive Mind (Megadeth) and Laid To Rest/Now you've got something to Die for (Lamb Of God)

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
hehe, even I cant get enough Kill 'Em All :D

Got any more artists similar to CoB, Lamb Of God? Or even Metallica? Not too heavy, it's just that all I've got is the big 4+CoB and Lamb of God :|

BTW, you might have seen this, but even so. It's a video of Cliff Burton leading Metallica through For Whom The Bell Tolls:

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KpxOmksHrY

R.I.P. Clifford Burton

On Topic, I'm addicted to For Whom The Bell Tolls, Seek And Destroy And Four Horsemen (Metallica) Mechanix, Peace Sells and Dread and The Fugitive Mind (Megadeth) and Laid To Rest/Now you've got something to Die for (Lamb Of God)

Yeah .. I have seen that vid. Burton used to kick serious ass!

CoB is a blend of power metal and melo death metal with some blackish vox. I would suggest you to check out Norther, Kalmah, In Flames, Arch Enemy and At the Gates. They sound similar to CoB but Kalmah is the only band which can reach up to CoB's standards followed by Norther. At The Gates and In Flames are okay and Arch Enemy is like meh. Over-hyped commercial sh1t but still check it out.

Get this :-
Kalmah (whole disco)
Norther (Mirrors of Madness)
In Flames (Colony)
At The Gates (The Red in The Sky is Ours)
Arch Enemy (all is sh1t)

Lamb of God is a hardcore/metalcore/groove band and I practically hate those genres .. but I wouldnt back off without reccoing. Checkout Trivium and Machine Head.

Well Metallica is a blend of thrash/hard rock and tbh they have an unique sound which can hardly be matched. I would say that you should checkout some typical NWOBHM bands and some classic heavy metal bands like Saxon and Manowar though they arent quite like Metallica but they have a some what similar sound (melodic and not too heavy but still metal :D).

Hope it helps.

Finally, another guy who agrees that pop today is $h1t :|

Do you get frowned upon when you listen to metal and others are like "dude, LP is great!" ? I pity their ignorance, but sometimes I'm treated as an outcast :| [dont really care though]

And yeah your post helps a great deal :)
And I already checked out most of NWOBHM, found only Saxon to come even close to "great", with of course Iron Maiden.

Found Trivium to be more like Bullet For My Valentine, sadly :| (?)

Could you recco a few songs from Kalmah from the top of your head? I mean, atleast I'll get the gist of what I'm downloading

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Finally, another guy who agrees that pop today is $h1t :|

Do you get frowned upon when you listen to metal and others are like "dude, LP is great!" ? I pity their ignorance, but sometimes I'm treated as an outcast :| [dont really care though]

And yeah your post helps a great deal :)
And I already checked out most of NWOBHM, found only Saxon to come even close to "great", with of course Iron Maiden.

Found Trivium to be more like Bullet For My Valentine, sadly :| (?)

Could you recco a few songs from Kalmah from the top of your head? I mean, atleast I'll get the gist of what I'm downloading

I hate pop. No matter what era or artist (PS I am not saying that pop is sh1t.. only I hate it.). I hate ANY kind of slow peace-ful music or any kind of music that does not require any talent (read Hip-Hop and Rap).

Anyways, Kalmah makes great stuff.. just get a single album if you wanna get acquinted with them. Swamplord is my favourite album. Every track on it kicks ass.

I told you that I am not in touch with metalcore/hardcore/groove .. Trivium is another sell-out band which produces crap (just like BFMV).

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Please suggest me some alternative rock songs.

Sure.... checkout this band called Godsmack. Almost all of their albums are great. Check out the songs :-
"I Stand Alone"
"The Enemy'
"Awake"
"I ****ing Hate You"
"Voodoo"

This songs will get you hooked to them. If you like Alt. Rock then you might even like Punk Rock .. so checkout bands like NOFX, Anti-Flag and The Ramones.

Whatever you do, stay away from Linkin Park, Breaking Benjamin and Disturbed.

Devrath_ND

Obsessed with Technology
Sure.... checkout this band called Godsmack. Almost all of their albums are great. Check out the songs :-
"I Stand Alone"
"The Enemy'
"Awake"
"I ****ing Hate You"
"Voodoo"

This songs will get you hooked to them. If you like Alt. Rock then you might even like Punk Rock .. so checkout bands like NOFX, Anti-Flag and The Ramones.

Whatever you do, stay away from Linkin Park, Breaking Benjamin and Disturbed.

Thanks will check them out.

Now Addicted to:

Song: - Shine On You Crazy Diamond
Band: - Pink Flyd
Album: - Wish You Were Here

Its 27 minutes long and I enjoy every second of it. Need I say more ? :grin:

Code:
Remember when you were young,
you shone like the sun!
Shine on you crazy diamond.

Now there's a look in your eyes,
like black holes in the sky!

You were caught on the crossfire
of childhood and stardom!
blown on the steel breeze.

Come on you target
for faraway laughter,
come on you stranger,
you legend,
   you martyr,
and shine!

You reached for the secret too soon,
you cried for the moon!

Threatened by shadows at night,
and exposed in the light.

Well you wore out your welcome,
with random precision!
rode on the    steel breeze.

Come on you raver,
you seer of visions,
come on you painter,
you piper,
   you prisoner,
and shine!

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^27 mins long ? That ought to be epic.

Checkout Edge of Sanity's song called Crimson... 40 mins long and totally epic featuring Opeth's Mikeal as a guest vocalist :D

^27 mins long ? That ought to be epic.

Checkout Edge of Sanity's song called Crimson... 40 mins long and totally epic featuring Opeth's Mikeal as a guest vocalist :D
Yup its an epic. A Pink Floyd Epic. The instruments do the talking more than the vocals. Especially the outro where you have an elegy played on a keyboard.

Top Bottom