what precautions are you taking against swine flu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
nix

nix

Today I used handkerchief with eucalyptus oil. Cloves are also supposed to keep swine flu away, along with milk mixed with tumeric. I had all of those today. Is there any scientifically backed explanation that these 3 will keep swine flu away?.

I read about them in a national newspaper.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
This new so called swine flu is just like any ordinary flu.

If you get a flu (any damn flu), shut yourself in your home and sleep it of for a couple of days. This will help you to
  1. Recover
  2. Not give it to others

If you develop breathlessness you can go to a hospital.

All you see in the news is hype. The 24 hour coverage has unnecessarily resulted in a panic reaction.

If you do not believe me, make a list of the number os people who died, and where they come from. Then find out the population of those cities. Off course, every death is a human tragedy, but you will realise that the percentage dying is very very small.

rishitells

Always in Dreams...
Asshoes like Ramdev are of no use.

@eggman
So now we three can put a bet...lol. I too have sore throat and mild cough.

Dude, life is too short to hate anyone.
Just put aside Baba Ramdev and think about yoga. It's a great therapy and can cure any disease of the world - even Cancer if done with the right spirit.

You bet u will not be affected by swine flu if u do regular Pranayam.
Why do u treat yoga as just useless things??8)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
You bet u will not be affected by swine flu if u do regular Pranayam.
Why do u treat yoga as just useless things??8)
Dude, swine flu is like any other flu. Can pranayam cure it? No.
Do u know, there are no medicine for common cough and cold. They would just happen and would also go away like that.

Yes, of course preventive measures can be taken.
But, how pranayam can prevent swine flu virus entering ur body or affecting ur system?

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Yeah the same asshoe Ramdev (dunno whats his real name is) who said that Gays are mentally sick. All these people are actually giving a bad name to India.

I never said that Yoga is bad, but I will not listen to a quack like him to tell me ho to do yoga.

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
But, how pranayam can prevent swine flu virus entering ur body or affecting ur system?

It'll make your immune system strong enough to prevent the virus from entering!!! Pranayam is actually very very powerful!! My uncle started it doing around 7years ago and I've witnessed his Grey hair turning to back to black(no kidding)!! He has never ever been sick for last 4 years or so I think!!

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
It'll make your immune system strong enough to prevent the virus from entering!!!
See, as far as I know, our first level of protection in our body is in our nose and in our mouth.
Basically Tonsil is the main thing which stands up first for any such virus (flu). Now, if ur tonsil is very tough then the virus won't be able to surpass it and u won't be affected. U get a flu only when ur tonsil fails to protect u or ur tonsil's barrier is broken down.

Now, I don't know, how pranayam helps building a tough tonsil. Do u know?

Pranayam is actually very very powerful!! My uncle started it doing around 7years ago and I've witnessed his Grey hair turning to back to black(no kidding)!!
on GREY hair myth:
As we get older, the pigment cells in our hair follicles gradually die. When there are fewer pigment cells in a hair follicle, that strand of hair will no longer contain as much melanin and will become a more transparent color - like gray, silver, or white - as it grows. As people continue to get older, fewer pigment cells will be around to produce melanin. Eventually, the hair will look completely gray.

People can get gray hair at any age. Some people go gray at a young age - as early as when they are in high school or college - whereas others may be in their 30s or 40s before they see that first gray hair. How early we get gray hair is determined by our genes. This means that most of us will start having gray hairs around the same age that our parents or grandparents first did.

Gray hair is more noticeable in people with darker hair because it stands out, but people with naturally lighter hair are just as likely to go gray. From the time a person notices a few gray hairs, it may take more than 10 years for all of that person's hair to turn gray.
Read more here: *kidshealth.org/kid/grownup/getting_older/gray_hair.html

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
^^Dunno about tonsil...but there was no mention of Gray hair turning black in your link!!!What every it is, Yoga is a well known technique, believing in it is your personal choice.....:)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
^^Dunno about tonsil...but there was no mention of Gray hair turning black in your link!!!What every it is, Yoga is a well known technique, believing in it is your personal choice.....:)
About "tonsils", that is as far as I know.
And the link is not in support of "grey hair turning black". :)

rishitells

Always in Dreams...
Yeah the same asshoe Ramdev (dunno whats his real name is) who said that Gays are mentally sick. All these people are actually giving a bad name to India.

I never said that Yoga is bad, but I will not listen to a quack like him to tell me ho to do yoga.

I should not debate on this topic but i am forced by a silly person like you.

Abusing Baba Ramdev like this clearly shows that you are a blind asshoe.
You don't know what all he has done for this country. Before him, yoga was considered a mysterious thing that was not for normal people. He opened the myths, He reunited the Ayurvedic Community of India which was in danger of being left behind by foreign drugs.
Yoga is becoming mainstream only and only because of him, and remember, he was the only person in India really raised the voiced against corrupt politicians, fearlessly.

Can you do it??? Just ask yourself what are you doing for this country??
Dude, it's very easy to Abuse anyone. You never know how a person really is unless you understand his thoughts.

He may be wrong on some topics, like gays as you said. I admit it. But it doesn't mean that we should abuse him.
Anyway, you can say anything, and this will not lower the respect of Baba Ramdev in people's hearts. He is the God for many persons, for those who got a new life, just because of the way of yoga he taught.
It's the persons like you, who are giving a Bad Name to our India.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I should not debate on this topic but i am forced by a silly person like you.

Abusing Baba Ramdev like this clearly shows that you are a blind asshoe.
You don't know what all he has done for this country. Before him, yoga was considered a mysterious thing that was not for normal people. He opened the myths, He reunited the Ayurvedic Community of India which was in danger of being left behind by foreign drugs.
Yoga is becoming mainstream only and only because of him, and remember, he was the only person in India really raised the voiced against corrupt politicians, fearlessly.

Can you do it??? Just ask yourself what are you doing for this country??
Dude, it's very easy to Abuse anyone. You never know how a person really is unless you understand his thoughts.

He may be wrong on some topics, like gays as you said. I admit it. But it doesn't mean that we should abuse him.
Anyway, you can say anything, and this will not lower the respect of Baba Ramdev in people's hearts. He is the God for many persons, for those who got a new life, just because of the way of yoga he taught.
It's the persons like you, who are giving a Bad Name to our India.
Hmmm......
Me made Yoga a commercial success. Becuase, b4 him too, there used to be a lot of Yoga competitions (here and abroad) which went out of attention for "normal" people like u.

Well, I still support u for the fact that he made yoga to reach everyone.

But, just don't make him God, because, when u look up to God, every things he tells to as a "request", u take it as a "command", or should I say blindly follow it.

And, only because of such attention he got from "us", he dared to comment anything about anything. Now, how dare he does that? If he can, then I can too (at least comment anything without looking for proof, reasons)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Look at the temper of Baba Ramdev's chela. Even yoga is not helping much to placate him...lol

It's people like you who blindly believe in such people like Ramdev. Such charlatans start with passive/pleasing attitude and then when they gain popularity they just do what a person in power does. Making frivolous comments authoritatively, appearing with celebs while calling item girls as whores and making trite comments on anything. Seems like he is forgetting that there is no such written doctrine in Hinduism where it says that gays are mentally sick. Perhaps he has taken a cue from Abrahamic faith fanatics. What obscenity he talks about when our ancient India was much more open than what it is now (which is considered as taboo even today). People like him are the main hindrance to progress of society.

He should be careful about when he speaks such things as lot of people follow him. Such naive judgment from him shows the real intention behind all farce.

Recently, Baba Ramdev publicly made comments around sexual life of 'actresses like Celina Jaitly' on the front page of a leading newspaper. On her standing up for gay rights, he stated, "These actresses know nothing about Bhartiya sanskriti. They stay away from their parents and have no morals. Unke partner har mahine badalte hain."

What a responsible person to say like this. I am afraid that our innocent Indian citizens are falling under the influence of such asshoe. Gone are the days of great people like Thiruvalluvar, Sankracharya and Vivekananda. Now people treat fakes like God...ghor kaliyug hai...lol.

A true yogi will never say bad about anyone, and certainly not about women. Looks like he failed basic true yogi test. Case closed !

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
NEW DELHI: The Centre late on Friday night issued revised guidelines for treatment of A(H1N1) influenza patients in the wake of a large number of people turning up at the hospitals for testing.

All individuals seeking consultations for flu-like symptoms should now be screened at healthcare facilities, both government and private, or examined by a doctor.

The patients have been categorised as follows:

Category A: Patients with mild fever plus cough/sore throat with or without body ache, headache, diarrhoea and vomiting. They do not require Oseltamivir and should be treated for the symptoms mentioned above. The patients should be monitored for their progress and reassessed after 24 to 48 hours by the doctor. No testing of the patient for H1N1 is required. Patients should confine themselves at home and avoid mixing with the public and high risk members in the family.

Category B: (i) In addition to all the signs and symptoms of Category A, if the patient has high grade fever and severe sore throat, he/she may require home isolation and Oseltamivir; (ii) In addition to all the signs and symptoms of Category A, individuals having one or more of the following high risk conditions shall be treated with Oseltamivir: children under five, pregnant women, those above 65 years, those with lung diseases, heart disease, liver disease, kidney disease, blood disorders, diabetes, neurological disorders, cancer and HIV/AIDS; Patients on long term cortisone therapy. No H1N1 tests are required for Category-B (i) and (ii). Such patients should confine themselves at home and avoid mixing with the public and high-risk members in the family.

Category C: In addition to the symptoms of Categories A and B, if the patient has one or more of the following: breathlessness, chest pain, drowsiness, fall in blood pressure, sputum mixed with blood, bluish discolouration of nails; irritability among small children, refusal to accept feed; worsening of underlying chronic conditions. Such patients require testing, immediate hospitalisation and treatment.

The guidelines were finalised after a five-hour meeting chaired by Health and Family Welfare Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad.
These norms will be reviewed and revised from time to time as per the need and on the basis of spread of the disease.

The meeting was attended by officials of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Directorate-General of Health Services, and representatives and experts of private and public hospitals. During the meeting, various guidelines and protocols developed by the World Health Organisation, Geneva, the Centre for Disease Prevention and Control, Atlanta, United States, and the National Health Service, United Kingdom, were also discussed.

Krow

Crowman
No precautions whatsoever, unless you count the good old handkerchief(occasionally). Ready to be TDF's first ghost member! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom