What power supply should I get for my setup?

akash1988

Broken In
I already have bought these:
(4.5K is the max limit for the PSU)

Intel Core i5 3450
Gigabyte B75M-D3H Motherboard
G.Skill RipjawX 2x4GB RAM
Sparkle NVIDIA GTX 560 Ti 1GB GDDR5
1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD
Cooler Master Elite 311 Cabinet

I will be buying an Asus DVD-RW and add 1 or 2 fans in the cabinet.
The max TDP of the processor is 77watts, and i might do mild overclocking of the GPU later on when required.

So I was thinking about Corsair GS500 or Seasonic S12II 520, or will a CX500 V2 suffice for this setup?
Heard good things about Seasonic, but have heard about warranty issues as well(I'm in Bangalore presently)
Or shall I take the Corsair GS600 rather for 4.5K available here at Golchha shop, SP Road, Bangalore? 600watts necessary?

Last edited:
OP
akash1988

akash1988

Broken In
VX series is unavailable. Only CX, GS, TX, and AX available now.

The GS500 review looks great: *www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Corsair-GS500-Power-Supply-Review/1571/11
And its cost would be less than the Seasonic S12II 520 as well. Also Corsair warranty would be better I suppose.

OP
akash1988

akash1988

Broken In
If a GS500 will suffice, why will I spend more on the GS600. I can buy the DVD-RW with that extra money.
The processor is non overclockable and is 3rd gen Ivy Bridge with low TDP. I would mild overclock the GPU later on.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
This post might be helpful for you:-

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/power-sup...-guide-right-power-supply-25.html#post1732003

Avoid Seasonic but understand why I am saying so. I've said many times that Tirupathi enterprises are repairing power supplies, not replacing them- and a lot of people including power supply manufacturers who are in-charge of APAC operations have said that there is no RMA centre in India who is competent/knowledgeable or resourceful enough with proper post repair testing equipment to repair power supplies. Some people have been running around in other forums and have said that Seasonic is bad. That is not what I've said. If people cannot read properly and understand what I've written in basic English then some people just need to stop going in other forums and posting garbage.

Also to people who have been recommending FSP, check if those units are being replaced or repaired. No1- repeat- no1 has proper test equipments to repair such units in India.

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
I already have bought these:
(4.5K is the max limit for the PSU)

Intel Core i5 3450
Gigabyte B75M-D3H Motherboard
G.Skill RipjawX 2x4GB RAM
Sparkle NVIDIA GTX 560 Ti 1GB GDDR5
1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD
Cooler Master Elite 311 Cabinet

I will be buying an Asus DVD-RW and add 1 or 2 fans in the cabinet.
The max TDP of the processor is 77watts, and i might do mild overclocking of the GPU later on when required.

So I was thinking about Corsair GS500 or Seasonic S12II 520, or will a CX500 V2 suffice for this setup?
Heard good things about Seasonic, but have heard about warranty issues as well(I'm in Bangalore presently)
Or shall I take the Corsair GS600 rather for 4.5K available here at Golchha shop, SP Road, Bangalore? 600watts necessary?
Please check this link: Cooler Master Power Supply Calculator - Standard

OP
akash1988

akash1988

Broken In
From the above ^ calculator a 385Watts PSU will be enough.
So I'm sticking with 500watts PSU only.
Now Corsair GS500 or Seasonic S12II 520, will depend on price.

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
prefer corsair over seasonic due to corsair good after sale service . Seasonic service is now somewhat questionable/..

XtreamGuy

Right off the assembly line
Hi Guys..

I am currently using Antec VP sereis 550 watts has no issues while plug and play,which has then following features.

MODEL NAME Continuous Power APFC Universal Input 80 Plus DC-DC All Japanese CAPs +12V Rail Fan Cable Management Double layer /Dual PCB 6+2pin PCI-E 6pin PCI-E SLI & ATI certified CPU Connector Dimensions W x D x H(mm) Product Position PIC

VP550P 550W Yes 230V Only Meets 80plus STD 2 120mm 2 4+4pin 150 x 155 x 86 For 230V Region only
VP450P 450W Yes 230V Only Meets 80plus STD 2 120mm 1 4+4pin For 230V

@ attractive price has no issues till date, hope this will help you out..

cheers....:cool::cool::cool:

Top Bottom