What next after 10th

flyingcow

Shibe
Hello there,

My 10th exams (ICSE) are getting over on the 20th of march, and I have no idea what to do next I dont even know what to do next,

I'm not a bright student, only get 80-85% and probably get 85+ 90- in my boards, so what should I do next.

All I planned is doing programming all day for my final job with a good salary, anything related to compuerts would work (software),

I only have knowledge of JAVA (only learned in 10th), some soft wares like blender, After effect (that too from youtube tuts :( )

I also like editing and love programming in JAVA, so please need your guidance in selecting what to do next, please help :cry:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
if you want to make a career in programming then getting a B.Tech engineering degree from a good college is must & for that you have to get a good rank in AIEEE/JEE-MAIN exam(this year AIEEE exam is same as JEE-MAIN,for IITs there will be a 2nd stage tougher JEE-ADVANCED exam among top 1,50,000 candidates of JEE-MAIN).PCM(physics,chemistry,maths) is must in 11th/12th to give these exams.

Prongs298

In the zone
this is important. what you should do is join a polytechnic course in CS. it will be 3 years. after that you can go for jobs or get in second year at any eng. college to study further.

Gollum

Collector
Hello there,

My 10th exams (ICSE) are getting over on the 20th of march, and I have no idea what to do next I dont even know what to do next,

I'm not a bright student, only get 80-85% and probably get 85+ 90- in my boards, so what should I do next.

All I planned is doing programming all day for my final job with a good salary, anything related to compuerts would work (software),

I only have knowledge of JAVA (only learned in 10th), some soft wares like blender, After effect (that too from youtube tuts :( )

I also like editing and love programming in JAVA, so please need your guidance in selecting what to do next, please help :cry:

80-85% and you say you are not a bright student lol
I didn't even have a computer in 10th let alone internet.
go for what you love doing.
there are a lot of careers but we all go for either engineering or being a doctor.
Be something else, be someone else.

this is important. what you should do is join a polytechnic course in CS. it will be 3 years. after that you can go for jobs or get in second year at any eng. college to study further.

bro trust me polytech is crap these days, its just engineering in wikipedia notes.
You wanna do engineering, don't waste your time with polytech. get good grades in 12th and attend 1st year of engineering
that will let you know if you can handle cs.
If not, score well and you will get to change your stream.

PS EE is the most difficult and Civil is the most easiest

IIT-JEE??

I mean which branch do I take for 11th? or do i do a diploma?

don't go for diploma dude, never.

sksksksk

.:: un.Understandable ::.
Actually Diploma is a good choice!!! at least better than wasting 2 years in 11th and 12th.
Only the problem in Diploma , you should have above 80% to have a good and reputed degree college!

Nerevarine

Incarnate
bro trust me polytech is crap these days, its just engineering in wikipedia notes.
You wanna do engineering, don't waste your time with polytech. get good grades in 12th and attend 1st year of engineering

+10.. Dont GO for DIPLOMA

Hrishi

Yeah and AFAIK MNC's doesn't care to look at polytechnic guys. What they want is 10 + 2 (PCM) and B.TECH / B.E.

My friends in Gujarat who are doing a regular B.E. say that diploma guys gets job easily buy gets underpaid . However if they do B.E. after diploma then that gets them a very good affinity for jobs.
I have no idea about it though. That's just what I heard from my friends.

Hrishi

But flyingcow , if you want to set foot in IT industry you should get a four year engineering degree from reputed college .

sksksksk

.:: un.Understandable ::.
My friends in Gujarat who are doing a regular B.E. say that diploma guys gets job easily buy gets underpaid . However if they do B.E. after diploma then that gets them a very good affinity for jobs.
I have no idea about it though. That's just what I heard from my friends.

Yaa! its true! They study span on technology is 3 + 3 yrs! While if you do 12th, you may not catch hands of diploma student :D
But its upto you, how you manage yourself!!!

OP
flyingcow

flyingcow

Shibe
He"s taking about 10Th board and not 12th.
These days its quite easy to score ~80 perc in CBSE.
This was ICSE :)

I shouldve requested to close this thread a long time ago, I am already studying/preparing for the JEE-Advance, opted for 11th and 12th(10+2 PCM) rather than diploma, and am scoring top in my classes :cool: as of now :p

Most of the syllabus for the JEE-mains was already covered in our 10th class ( the basic concepts etc.)

I got 83% in Icse boards, thought I would die in the battlefield but i got revived :p

Thank you all for your help :) ( (Rishi,Shreymittal,Shreyaskudav,krishnandu.sarkar,Nerevarine,Gollum, Ankush28,prongs298,Whitestar_999)

BTW the PC in my signature isnt mine, my elder brother got it for his results in engg.
But I built it for him and we gave him it a a gift (not a surprise gift ofc). noob took it with him..

Yeah I think i am actually going for what i love doing, I'm ready to do anything related to computers/programming :)
I dont want to be stuck in my office doing what I dont like, regretting the decisions i have made...

Last edited:

Hrishi

This was ICSE :)

I shouldve requested to close this thread a long time ago, I am already studying/preparing for the JEE-Advance, opted for 11th and 12th(10+2 PCM) rather than diploma, and am scoring top in my classes :cool: as of now :p

Most of the syllabus for the JEE-mains was already covered in our 10th class ( the basic concepts etc.)

I got 83% in Icse boards, thought I would die in the battlefield but i got revived :p

Thank you all for your help :) ( (Rishi,Shreymittal,Shreyaskudav,krishnandu.sarkar,Nerevarine,Gollum, Ankush28,prongs298,Whitestar_999)

BTW the PC in my signature isnt mine, my elder brother got it for his results in engg.
But I built it for him and we gave him it a a gift (not a surprise gift ofc). noob took it with him..

Yeah I think i am actually going for what i love doing, I'm ready to do anything related to computers/programming :)
I dont want to be stuck in my office doing what I dont like, regretting the decisions i have made...

Good for you. For ICSE that result is considered good if not excellent.
And its good to know that you are scoring good in 10+2. That's all which matters. People really seem to forget about 10th as it'smarks in your 10+2 that suaully decide your career. So wish you all the best.

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
80-85% and you say you are not a bright student lol
there are a lot of careers but we all go for either engineering or being a doctor.
Be something else, be someone else.

don't go for diploma dude, never.

Hello w8 u can't judge a branch in engineering as easiest or hardest.
You cannot say civil is easiest and ee is hardest.(Misconception dude)

In simple words it all depends on your hard work .

And for OP visit a counsellor!
Some steps-
1.take advice from your parents
2.discuss among your friends
3.take guidance if your teacher
4.visit a counsellor

See if you finally decide a field say engineering!
Only core fields have diploma-civil mech ee
Get diploma from reputed universities only
-Delhi University
-Pune University
-COEP
-NITs

Don't ever get diploma from other colleges!
(*Most important thing if you wanna pursue degree please please study cbse 10+2 math)

Or go directly 10+2

Advantages of diploma
-tonnes & tonnes of practical knowledge.

Advantages of 10+2
-Nice grades make beautiful resume
-Easy and simple portion
-Effective grading system

(Note:If you are going 10+2 go cbse only
Date of application starts from mid march only)

You have various options like-
1.CA(Bro no math genius required here bro it's pure accountancy and bylaws)
2.Medicine
3.Law(*New Field-Cyber Law-Start package-12 L +)
4.Architecture(If interested in design)

All the best

Top Bottom