What Is WAP Emulator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
If i got it right you want something to view WAP sites?
If you want something to view WAP sites. I suggest using Opera browser. It is free and has a mode where it can show u a display which resembles how opera looks on a cell phone. And yeah you can open WAP sites in opera on ur computer.

mehulved

BTW i forgot to tell you I don't know whether u know it or no but WAP stands for Wireless Access Protocol widely used in cell phones to deliver content through GPRS.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@ tech_your_future
can u explain where is that option in opera?
Ive tried many wap links but all I get is:
""Sorry The service is not available for this terminal.""

Is there any alternate way to use wap through PC net?

mehulved

Can you tell me name of such sites that you're trying? Cos I tried common ones like yahoo,google, indiatimes and such they are working fine. I am trying to search more sites and look at the results.
Also, I will look up to see if I can find some emulator for WAP, too.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
*www.kobrawap.com/wml/

this is a wap site. But this can be opened through opera, but some refuses to open.

*www.tagtag.com/sites/6/6/1/6610oyunlari/0.php3#card0

mehulved

Then maybe you are trying to visit some site which specifically requires a cell phone eg. a site which requires your cell no. Then of course emulators should be used, But, these sites are rare and not much used, I am trying to find a good emulator for cell phones but haven't been successful yet. Will post it if I have any success.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Yes tagtag site provide there own emulator for surfing their site as wap. But most site requires GPRS.
Im sticking onto wap on the reason dat most sites provide unlimited downloading of even videos via wap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom