what is torrent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Rameez

Right off the assembly line
What is torrent or UTtorent is it free download site or what ? ,I have heard this word so many times. If anybody knows pls tell me.

Krazzy Warrior

"Aal Izz Well"
This are some sites which allow u to download all illegal stuff for free.

It includes Games, Softwares, Movies etc etc.

Talking of this is prohibited in this forum so I cannot talk in details.

Search in forum u can get good links regarding torrents.

talkingcomet

Dragon Reborn
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.torrent
You can find what a torrent is there.
And I don't know what UTtorent is though! You must have meant µTorrent!
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ΜTorrent
:p

PS: And I think you have chosen the wrong section! Should have asked in QnA!

Last edited:

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Torrent is not only for illegal downloads :) Its just another form of downloading files, its for ALL files, not just illegal. Sheesh, people these days mistake good services like these :)

That said, I'll be going now.. gotta start Assassin's Creed torrent... :D

akshaykapoor_3

Journeyman
This are some sites which allow u to download all illegal stuff for free

He's asking about Torrents and uTorrent.

BitTorrent is the latest technology in file sharing. It is a protocol designed for transferring files and sharing them amongst many users. Using BitTorrent technology one can share music,movies,data and applications. In this users generally connect to each other using a program which works on the BitTorrent technology and they indirectly maintain direct connections amongst each other for transferring data

and Torrent is a small metadata file which contains information about the data you want to download, not the data itself

For more torrent related terminology refer this !
*akskap.blogspot.com/2008/02/bittorrent-ultimate-file-sharing.html

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Torrent is a software wich allows the user to d/load a file known as a torrent file (wich itself is not a COMPLETE FILE, in itself)

Its just a medium by wich u can connect ot ppl on the net using a Bit Torrent s/ware liike uTORRENT or Azureus and then run that torrent file (mainly in kb size) to connect ot other ppl having SOME parts of the file (known as incomplete users or in TORRENT terms as LEECHERS) and ppl who hv the COMPLETE parts of the same file (known as complete users or in TORRENT Terms as SEEDERS)

NOTE: IN NOW way TORRENTS are associated with ILLEGAL DOWNLOADS (Always). Its only for FASTER access to get files. If that was the case, then RAPIDSHARE IS JUST A HUB OF Illegal downloads, brothers.. :)

It is also a best practise to keep sharing (uploading)the files once u hv d/loaded it COMPLETELY, coz if every1 just stopped uploading once they had the fiel, then there will be NO active users available with a COMPLETE COPY of that file.

THe Bottom Line is: DO NOT BE SELFISH and JUST be a LEECHER, Be a SEEDER too..

CHeers n e-peace....

dkverma87

Broken In
Torrent is basically a file which have the full information or path of a file (big volume). you can also say that torrent is a little part of a heavy file by which you can easily download a heavy file with the help of torrent downloader.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom