What is the use of the option Verify Written data in Nero?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Nowadays I find that its taking longer time for me to burn CD/DVD. I think maybe I have selected the option "Verify Written Data". What is the use of this option? Does it help in anyway? By Default is that option checked?

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Its useful if ur drive is about to fail. Thos makes sure that the data is properly written and all the files are fully functional.
Sometimes a weak drive may burn some files currupted. That option will find if any.

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
If u r taking any data backup, make sure that u check that option.
Just assume that after 2 yrs when u need that DVD & u get to know it has an error &the data cannot be copied.

What will u do then? thats why I always verify any backup I make.

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
"Verify Written Data" option is to check the cd/dvd after burnin that all the files are readable or not. If there would be any read errors it will be reported to u. So if u r makin any backups then option is very useful as it will tell if all the files can be accessed or not.

New

Padawan
I think by default it's dissabled... You can enable it by simply checking the box called"verify written data after writing".*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/113.gif

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
ajayritik said:
Is that option there by default?

Yes thats there by default & is ON by default both in Nero Express & nero burning rom, though you can disable it if you dont want.

If u r writing 1 time use cd/dvd just to transfer some data from one comp to another & after that u wont need that data at all then u can switch it off & it will reduce the total time of writing by 50%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom