what is the best GPU that doesn't need a good PSU to work

Hey!

I was just wondering , what is the best GPU that doesn't need a good PSU to work? Ive got one of those iBall PSUs. Whats the best GPU that can work without to much of hassle on it?

Also can you give the card's estimated performance on GTA V

Thanks in Advance!

Shiva

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
the best GPu which can run without the need of on a addtinal pci-e power connector is GTX 750 Ti. But whether your i-ball PSU is able to run it or not depends on your pc config though it's not at all recommended to run a ~10k card on such a cheap psu.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
the best GPu which can run without the need of on a addtinal pci-e power connector is GTX 750 Ti. But whether your i-ball PSU is able to run it or not depends on your pc config though it's not at all recommended to run a ~10k card on such a cheap psu.

@OP has a G620 IIRC. GTX750TI is gonna bottleneck the processor anyway if OP plays any CPU intensive games, right?

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=159125]shivakanth.sujit[/MENTION] In case you're buying a GPU to play the latest games, I suggest you to upgrade your processor too.

Yeah I have a G620. :/ BTW my budget is around 9k. 2.5k of that is reserved for buying GTA V so the budget for the GPU is 6.5k. Maybe 7k.

Shiva

Shah

Cyborg Agent
[MENTION=159125]shivakanth.sujit[/MENTION] If you can spend 1.8k more, then get this PSU Buy Online Antec BP300P 300w Power Supply in India

Or else as I had said earlier, get a used GPU for around 5k and buy a new PSU. You can find GTX 650 / 660 on OLX/Quikr for around 5k INR.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
4.8k is a good price for GTX 650 isn't it? Any things I need to check before buying a used GPU?

You need to look into the following details before buying an used GPU: Warranty, Date of purchase, Reason for sale and so on.
Make sure the price justifies the above factors.

Well im trying to get one thats being sold on TDF itself. *www.digit.in/forum/bazaar/191048-gtx-650-a.html

Is a VP450P enough for it? Can i go lower than that??

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Well im trying to get one thats being sold on TDF itself. *www.digit.in/forum/bazaar/191048-gtx-650-a.html

Is a VP450P enough for it? Can i go lower than that??

If you can get a Antec VP450P, go for it. But, I remember [MENTION=105611]bssunil[/MENTION] saying that the cables of VP450P are too short. Check that before buying.

Got the GT730. Dad was completely against getting a used card and extending the budget wasn't an option. So...... :/

I got a new SMPS also. So in the future when and if I get a new card I don't have to pay for a new SMPS too.

Thanks all for your suggestions! :)

Top Bottom