What is the advantage of genuine validation for windows os?

Status
Not open for further replies.

axxo

99.9% Idle
I always have a doubt on this...what actually is the real advantage of getting genuine validation test passed apart from regular activation been done on a windows os. my windows got already activated and able to download updates from windows update feature in control panel...so what extras i get after wga?

ayush_chh

Ambassador of Buzz
as far as i know its for checking that you are using a genuine windows copy or not.

here are some useful links

link1

link2

:):):):)

Last edited:

ayush_chh

Ambassador of Buzz
^^????????

what is the problem in running the check if you are using Genuine Windows?

plus, nowadays any new product that is launched by MS will automatically check this.:)..(but ofcourse there are ways to bypass this ;-) but these are illegal )

OP
axxo

axxo

99.9% Idle
Best benefit is that you can download updates.

am already able to update from windows update

^^????????

what is the problem in running the check if you are using Genuine Windows?

plus, nowadays any new product that is launched by MS will automatically check this.:)..(but ofcourse there are ways to bypass this ;-) but these are illegal )

nope its not checking...only if i have to download updates from microsoft site am forced to run this check....
altertatively i get all the updates by running windows update from control panel..

genuin?:rolleyes: i cant say the truth :D

Last edited:

NucleusKore

TheSaint
1. Free security updates
2. Free programs that require validation like Pstory, WMEncoder, Windows Movie Maker and addon packs. Till recently IE 7 required validation
3. Special offers on broadband, anti-virus, etc.

OP
axxo

axxo

99.9% Idle
1. Free security updates
2. Free programs that require validation like Pstory, WMEncoder, Windows Movie Maker and addon packs. Till recently IE 7 required validation
3. Special offers on broadband, anti-virus, etc.

So only the above are the benefits..?
Then i can live very well without them...
thx for the clarification guyz.

ayush_chh

Ambassador of Buzz
simple theory for you.....its like stealing your friends pen and using it without his knowledge........:rolleyes: and not telling him even if he searches for it.

its mentality that matters.........some think its good some think bad.:cool:

praka123

left this forum longback
buying windows os license makes M$ more rich,thats all.infact,there is Linux to use ,rather than "pirate" if that is the word :rolleyes:
piracy is a subjective term,IMo_Once ppl know they can live without windows,what piracy?

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
@axxo : suppose if your windows installation in determined as invalid/non genuine then it could be embarising if any of you clients comes to know about it, cause WGA pops up a message stating that you installation is counterfit.

buying windows os license makes M$ more rich,thats all.infact,there is Linux to use ,rather than "pirate" if that is the word :rolleyes:
piracy is a subjective term,IMo_Once ppl know they can live without windows,what piracy?
if you donot have anything to contribute to the thread topic then stay away from the thread.

OP
axxo

axxo

99.9% Idle
simple theory for you.....its like stealing your friends pen and using it without his knowledge........:rolleyes: and not telling him even if he searches for it.

its mentality that matters.........some think its good some think bad.:cool:
my friend already knows that am using his pen..and it hardly matters anything as he owe many such pens..:rolleyes:

@axxo : suppose if your windows installation in determined as invalid/non genuine then it could be embarising if any of you clients comes to know about it, cause WGA pops up a message stating that you installation is counterfit.

hmm..it happens only when one he/she voluntarily runs wga check tool...until then no probs..why do anyone want to run into rat trap while he could get everything in open garden.

ayush_chh

Ambassador of Buzz
^^ hmmmm....lets turn the table.

suppose you r the guy whose pen is being used by some other fellow without your knowledge, and then one day you know this , what then r u going to do?

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
You get peace of mind and pride of being one of the few %age of people in India to own a original copy, that wasn't forced down your throat.
There one more fayda, tum kisi ko bol satte ho MERE PASS ORI WIN HAI, TOMARE PASS HAI KIYA? thats it.
Mere pass original FreeBSD hain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom