What is HTTP proxy,

Status
Not open for further replies.

easwaran

Right off the assembly line
friends,
i have MOZILLA FIREFOX browser,
this is a very strange situation, i think after switching over to mozilla, i am sure surfing is faster compared to IE. the situtation now is suddenly mozilla giving me problems, every time i log in to the net , it is not logging,i have to
go these steps to make it work
1) tools, 2) option,(3) general,(4) connection settings
there i have to change from " manual proxy configuration HTTP proxy
222.233.113.43 port 8080
it shows,if i change to "direct connection to the internet or auto -detect proxy setting for this net work,or automatic proxy configuration URL
if i change to the above option , it logs , that is fine.
after that when i log out of the net or browser
again i have to do the same procedure to make the Mozilla work, why it is not saving it is earlier position , i do not know, or how to go about it
can u please help me. every time i have to do this work, such menancing thing , friends pl come to rescue.
thanks
cheers
easwaran
bbliss47@yahoo.co.in
bangalore

PrinceHeart

In the zone
Where have u downloaded your copy of Firefox ? I use firefox too and its always in auto-detect config. Dunno why its showing a proxy setting in your browser tool.

222.233.113.43 is an IP address of Korea.
I am 80% sure that u got an edited version of firefox or u have added some add-ons regarding the connection speed.

try to uninstall your present firefox and download a clean copy from *www.mozilla.com/firefox/ and install it and see if your problems still stays.

And regarding your thread title : What is HTTP proxy:
When you use a web browser (such as Netscape's Communicator or Microsoft's Internet Explorer) to view web pages from the Internet, the browser uses HTTP (Hyper-Text Transfer Protocol) to request the text and images from the remote server. These requests are made directly from your browser to the remote machine. HTTP also allows you to use an intermediary to make the requests on your behalf. Such an intermediary is known as a proxy server.

When configured to use a proxy, your browser makes HTTP requests to the proxy instead of going directly to the remote host. In turn, the proxy makes the same request on your behalf. The idea was developed originally to allow folks working on a private network hiding behind a secure firewall egress through the firewall to HTTP servers on the outside. The proxy was part of the firewall and its use would further enhance security by disguising the origin of the HTTP request.
Source: *search.yahoo.com/

Btw don't put your email address in posts. You might start to get spam emails.
If anyone wants to contact you, since you are a registered member of this forum, they can just click on your nickname and send u a private message or can email you also.

cheerz

OP
E

easwaran

PrinceHeart said:
Where have u downloaded your copy of Firefox ? I use firefox too and its always in auto-detect config. Dunno why its showing a proxy setting in your browser tool.

222.233.113.43 is an IP address of Korea.
I am 80% sure that u got an edited version of firefox or u have added some add-ons regarding the connection speed.

try to uninstall your present firefox and download a clean copy from *www.mozilla.com/firefox/ and install it and see if your problems still stays.

And regarding your thread title : What is HTTP proxy:
When you use a web browser (such as Netscape's Communicator or Microsoft's Internet Explorer) to view web pages from the Internet, the browser uses HTTP (Hyper-Text Transfer Protocol) to request the text and images from the remote server. These requests are made directly from your browser to the remote machine. HTTP also allows you to use an intermediary to make the requests on your behalf. Such an intermediary is known as a proxy server.

When configured to use a proxy, your browser makes HTTP requests to the proxy instead of going directly to the remote host. In turn, the proxy makes the same request on your behalf. The idea was developed originally to allow folks working on a private network hiding behind a secure firewall egress through the firewall to HTTP servers on the outside. The proxy was part of the firewall and its use would further enhance security by disguising the origin of the HTTP request.
Source: *search.yahoo.com/

Btw don't put your email address in posts. You might start to get spam emails.
If anyone wants to contact you, since you are a registered member of this forum, they can just click on your nickname and send u a private message or can email you also.

cheerz
beloved Prince heart
indeed it is very kind of you, i tried all to download fresh from the site
even after that it is not responding , the funny thing about this affair. every time i log in to net the mozilla browser i have to change the connections settings, instead of proxy " direct connections to the internet " option, it is not saving to this point again when i log out and log in to the mozilla the same problem persists. i am puzzled. may the enlightened surfer help me how to solve this problem. i use netscape or opera this problem is not there. since i surfing with mozilla is fast and used to it i do not want to change shop.yes you are correct in advising me not exhibit my mail address. my dear i get plenty of unsolicited mails , i simply delete it. thanks for taking time to reply me, my endless thanks to you dear prince
cheers
easwaran

PrinceHeart

In the zone
easwaran said:
i tried all to download fresh from the site
even after that it is not responding , the funny thing about this affair. every time i log in to net the mozilla browser i have to change the connections settings, instead of proxy " direct connections to the internet " option, it is not saving to this point again when i log out and log in to the mozilla the same problem persists. i am puzzled. may the enlightened surfer help me how to solve this problem.

Are u using a beta release of Firefox ??
If yes, maybe its a bug as u said its not saving your config for http connections. And as i said 222.233.113.43 is an IP address of Korea. So i got no idea, since you're from bangalore.. how u getting an inbuild proxy from korea.

Did u installed the firefox from admin access ?? If not - maybe its not allowing you to change the settings.

I use firebox 1.5 (full released) version. If you're using beta version, I would suggest to stay away from betas if u don't know anything about it, since it helps mozilla for bug findings from end-users.

Try the add-ons of firefox and what stuffs u got it in the firefox's add-on menu. Maybe there is something which concerns the proxy issue, I dunno.
Scan your PC for spyware/adware/viruses also. Maybe u got some in your PC.

All i can say is, firefox is just an plain browser till date. Its got nothing except the graphical interface of a browser. All the add-ons can be added by the users only. Make sure of the things that u have added in your firefox and check of its authenticity.

And did u uninstalled your old firefox and downloaded a new copy from *www.mozilla.com/firefox/ and installed it again ?? Still got that proxy settings ? What's the IP address showing ??

cheerz

OP
E

easwaran

my dear prince
your reply to my quiry is the proof that in this beautiful earth still people care for fellow beings. i take this wonderful moment to thank you and the thinkdigit forum profussly. yes my dear i did do all the things but the problem persists. let me do the last thing formating the disk. i do not want to do it now, as it is ok, since i have to do only change the connections settings , it is ok, i will do it. my dear my ending thanks to you once again.
cheers
easwaran
bangalore
india

dreams

Gracias Senor
even thou u change the proxy settings in ff, it stays..this shows ur computer mayb is setup for proxy.
try this,
Click start > Run > Type inetcpl.cpl
Goto Connections tab.
Click LAN settings.
Check mark Auto detect settings.
Uncheck use a proxy server for your LAN.
Click OK, OK.

Let me know if this works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom