What is HDMI? how to connect PC to LCD TV? help.!!

kool

Cyborg Agent
Guys,
Recently i got LG 22" LCD TV. It has VGA port and HDMI port. When i connected my CPU cable to LCD via VGA port it didn't show anything, :"( i checked input MENU on remote then it shows only 4 option:
Component in,
AV,
TV,
HDMI

plz tell me why there is VGA port on TV, how can i connect my PC with this TV? And what is HDMI port? Can i connect my PC via HDMI port?

Attaching picture of my system & TV.

TV BACK
*lh4.ggpht.com/_4n30twbU7iQ/TUQAEJAb1mI/AAAAAAAAAJI/t2tBDbbIzKo/s800/tv%20back.jpg

LG 22LD310
*lh5.ggpht.com/_4n30twbU7iQ/TUQAFocGAFI/AAAAAAAAAJM/vOMgmKUuneM/s800/tv%20product.jpg

TV INPUT
*lh3.ggpht.com/_4n30twbU7iQ/TUQAG15DxMI/AAAAAAAAAJQ/Ble2HFMS9Ck/s800/tv%20input.jpg

CPU BACK
*lh6.ggpht.com/_4n30twbU7iQ/TUQDQKf1bVI/AAAAAAAAAKI/xefO4GNabog/s800/cpu%20back.jpg

CPU DETAILS
*lh4.ggpht.com/_4n30twbU7iQ/TUQAKZwG-0I/AAAAAAAAAJc/y7pBaJEULdA/s800/CPU.jpg

NVIDIA
*lh3.ggpht.com/_4n30twbU7iQ/TUQAH27_NQI/AAAAAAAAAJU/huMU63vH4Kc/s800/Nvidia.jpg

MOTHERBOARD
*lh6.ggpht.com/_4n30twbU7iQ/TUQAI09K4bI/AAAAAAAAAJY/ljfES1rzdB4/s800/motherboard.jpg

Last edited:

Gollum

Collector
Hdmi is a high definition multimedia interface used to transmit hd content and audio both at the same time through the same wire.
Are you sure its vga post and not a serial port? If your pc has hdmi port then your can get an hdmi cable to connect your pc to it. If you don't have hdmi port on your pc then you should at least have a dvi port on your pc. You will still need a dvi to hdmi adaptor+hdmi cable to connect the pc to tv.

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
Bro, i dont what is serial port. But TV has 2 ports, one is HDMI and other looks like we have in monitor/cpu written (SERVICES only). Now tell me what is the use of this blue color port in TV? check photo.

*lh6.ggpht.com/_4n30twbU7iQ/TNVWOkrewdI/AAAAAAAAAH8/6lW7Goxm9PU/s800/tv.jpg

bhai log....... ab toh bata do plzzzzzzzz

Last edited:

rajan1311

Padawan
probably the service guys use it for some tests ? :p

Anyways, what is your problem ? You still dont know how to connect your PC to your TV?

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
probably the service guys use it for some tests ? :p

Anyways, what is your problem ? You still dont know how to connect your PC to your TV?

Yes, still i.ve prob. I.ve attached above diagram of back view of my tv. Now just check that and tell me. In manual there is nothing mentioned about connecting process for computer. So guys, its a request tell me which cable i need to work as monitor? Or it has no support for monitor. :(

rajan1311

Padawan
or just take the pic of the rear of the PC showing what output options its got..

download CPUz, run it, see under motherboard tab and tell the full mobo model number....just wondering,how old is this system ?

jking

Broken In
You can connect your PC to TV using HDMI out from your PC to HDMI in of your TV. For this you need to have HDMI port in your nvidia GPU. If you can give the exact Model Number of your nvidia GPU, it will be easy to guide further.

kaudey

Journeyman
The port that is numbered '5' in the picture is possibly a service port, where a service personnel can connect a monitor to troubleshoot the TV. U need to have an HDMI port on ur motherboard or the nVidia card you have mentioned, to connect it to your TV.

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
You can connect your PC to TV using HDMI out from your PC to HDMI in of your TV. For this you need to have HDMI port in your nvidia GPU. If you can give the exact Model Number of your nvidia GPU, it will be easy to guide further.

Now i've attached all details here... :-(:-(

TV BACK
*lh4.ggpht.com/_4n30twbU7iQ/TUQAEJAb1mI/AAAAAAAAAJI/t2tBDbbIzKo/s800/tv%20back.jpg

LG 22LD310
*lh5.ggpht.com/_4n30twbU7iQ/TUQAFocGAFI/AAAAAAAAAJM/vOMgmKUuneM/s800/tv%20product.jpg

TV INPUT
*lh3.ggpht.com/_4n30twbU7iQ/TUQAG15DxMI/AAAAAAAAAJQ/Ble2HFMS9Ck/s800/tv%20input.jpg

CPU BACK
*lh6.ggpht.com/_4n30twbU7iQ/TUQDQKf1bVI/AAAAAAAAAKI/xefO4GNabog/s800/cpu%20back.jpg

CPU DETAILS
*lh4.ggpht.com/_4n30twbU7iQ/TUQAKZwG-0I/AAAAAAAAAJc/y7pBaJEULdA/s800/CPU.jpg

NVIDIA
*lh3.ggpht.com/_4n30twbU7iQ/TUQAH27_NQI/AAAAAAAAAJU/huMU63vH4Kc/s800/Nvidia.jpg

MOTHERBOARD
*lh6.ggpht.com/_4n30twbU7iQ/TUQAI09K4bI/AAAAAAAAAJY/ljfES1rzdB4/s800/motherboard.jpg

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
^^I hope you got my PM. If not please let me know.

ya buddy, i cant buy any grafix card now, so i think i should try dvi to hdmi cable, U sure it will work???:???: i'm really confused, so plz post a pic of that cable, i searched on net it displayed diff types of cable.

and what about these things::

*pcdownload.asia/avocent-dvi-hdmi-adapter-lg.jpg

Last edited:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
The 8400GS -- G98 VGA chipset should support 2560x1600 dual link DVI. You will need two things.

1. DVI to HDMI Converter. It is exactly what you have posted in #17. Take a picture of that if need be, or you could easily find one on Ebay India.
2. HDMI cable. This will be native HDMI to HDMI. Since via the converter (1) your GPU will push out HDMI and the same can be plugged into the HDMI port of your TV panel. Post that you would need to make some changed on the Forceware panel to make it realize the panel dual link TV.

Alternatively you can get this, which is a DVI to HDMI converter.

Let us know if you are still confused.

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
The 8400GS -- G98 VGA chipset should support 2560x1600 dual link DVI. You will need two things.

1. DVI to HDMI Converter. It is exactly what you have posted in #17. Take a picture of that if need be, or you could easily find one on Ebay India.
2. HDMI cable. This will be native HDMI to HDMI. Since via the converter (1) your GPU will push out HDMI and the same can be plugged into the HDMI port of your TV panel. Post that you would need to make some changed on the Forceware panel to make it realize the panel dual link TV.

Alternatively you can get this, which is a DVI to HDMI converter.

Let us know if you are still confused.

Now thats called proper and simple answer!!! Thnx asingh, and thnx to all...!!! THINKDIGIT nahi hota toh mera kya hota... :oops::oops::oops:

Now i'll try and let u know soon... :smile::smile::smile:

Top Bottom