Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaurav

In the zone
Hi all,
I want to know what is ALEXA. Is it a spyware or malware or adware or something else. I want to install megaupload toolbar(the toolbar facilitates you to download from megaupload with any hassles) which includes this alexa. Please help me on this whether I should install this toolbar or not.....
here's the link for the toolbar "*download.alexa.com/index.cgi".
please provide some information about it. thanks

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
Mr. Gaurav, please do not install Alexa tool bar. It will track your web browsing and other information. It is definitely a spyware. It will hog your system resources. If you want to download from megaupload, see the tutorials section for vishal gupta's nice tutorial for this purpose. see here *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27909

OP
Gaurav

Gaurav

In the zone
thanks my friend. I knew that the toolbar is some sort of bullS**t but i wanted advice of other people too. thans a lot

Ishan

In the zone
ya dont install it. as i have uninstalled it after using it twice. its Bakwas. also when i try to download some other toolbar, instead of that Alexa is installed. my god! its funny na? but its true. it may not have uninstalled properly.

abracadabra

Journeyman
even though u hav uninstalled do plz run a check using anti spyware utilities like Spybot and Lavasoft Adware. the could be some remains still left behind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom