what does standard c\c++ programmming(or programmes) means ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clmlbx

Technomancer
what does standard c\c++ programme means ?

what is the difference,

'+' points of standard programme and '-' points of non-standard programme ?

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Well when you programm in C/C++ following rules made by ANSI its standrad C/C++ programming. :p

+ point is that most compilers today follow ANSI standard...

Older Compilers like Turbo C/C++ does not folllow ANSI standard... so it creates problem when you try to execute standard C/C++ programs...
For example ANSI standard doesn't support getch() function and conio.h library.

I can write on and on.. but my hands dont allow me to do that... Just search Wikipedia for ANSI C and you will get all answers.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Standard code ensures portability. Which means your code, if conforms to standards completely, will run on any platform anywhere. (Linux, Windows, OS X etc.)

Read more at ANSI C@Wiki (Its a small page, won't take much time.)

OP
clmlbx

clmlbx

Technomancer
STANDARD IS BEST THEN WHY do we still have to learn that non-standard programmes.( in our school and all institutes)that conio.h and getch().........with turbo c++

so how to learn that ( or let to know about standard programming and their commands)......................

so we all learn non standard programming and their command ..so how to learn standard programming and their commands........

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
STANDARD IS BEST THEN WHY do we still have to learn that non-standard programmes.( in our school and all institutes)that conio.h and getch().........with turbo c++
Because the frickin people who decide our syllabus are idiots . that's why .

C++ was Standardized in 1997 and still(11 years later) they teach the obsolete stuff.

I'd recommend "Accelerated C++" is you wanna learn Standard C++ programming .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom