What did you eat today?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
too much starch makes me vomit.. maggi masala has extra starch in it to increase it's content.. just try yipee and maggi side by side and you will notice it

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
too much starch makes me vomit.. maggi masala has extra starch in it to increase it's content.. just try yipee and maggi side by side and you will notice it

But but, isn't starch a good thing to have, cause of its "cleaning the guts" property? :?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
That might be true but too much of anything is bad m8.. Too much starch can cause unintentional weight gain, Intestinal blockage and vomiting, especially for those that have starch allergy.. Sure, maggi doesnt have thaaat much starch to cause significant harm but if you boil the noodles masala, you can see a thick layer of foamy starch floating on the surface.. These are the extra starch I was talking about.. If I remove them and consume the noodles, i dont feel nausea at all..
Extra starch is used as an additive to increase volume of masalas, everywhere.. its not required at all, but its used in soups, tastemakers etc etc

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
That might be true but too much of anything is bad m8.. Too much starch can cause unintentional weight gain, Intestinal blockage and vomiting, especially for those that have starch allergy.. Sure, maggi doesnt have thaaat much starch to cause significant harm but if you boil the noodles masala, you can see a thick layer of foamy starch floating on the surface.. These are the extra starch I was talking about.. If I remove them and consume the noodles, i dont feel nausea at all..
Extra starch is used as an additive to increase volume of masalas, everywhere.. its not required at all, but its used in soups, tastemakers etc etc

yes, too much of anything, including maggi, vada paav, soft drinks, good or not-so-good (read - having negligible-to-no nutritional value) stuff. ;)
had known about a person years back whose stomach and intestines had taken a hit after he made maggi his staple diet, and another who survived his Narsee Monjee MBA days on vada paav and soft drinks, and landed up in a hospital with a hole in his food pipe!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

had a very smooth and soft idli and a delicious medu wada at a small roadside stall where usually auto-rick drivers eat. i've noticed that such stalls which are dedicated to 2-4 such items and make nothing else, they make these things much better than the restaurant guys! ate at that stall for the first time, and now including it in my list of favourite stalls for eating South Indian snacks in my city! :mrgreen:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Tandoori Chicken (which wasn't good this time, don't know why :| ) and Chicken Biryani (which had more chicken than the Tandoori Chicken and at lower cost -_- )

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Breakfast : Kellogs with Amul Kool( milk alternative :( )
Lunch : Roti daal and ladies finger vege
Supper : 2 Bananas and Mad Angles Masala Madness

aakaash

Broken In
Breakfast: Tea, aloo paratha (mess food sucks :vomit_NF:)
Lunch: Rice, "sabji"(don't know what were the ingredients :confused_NF:), dal, small potatoes stir fry
Dinner: challenge accepted :dizzy_NF::hyper::punch::banghead:

anky

Youngling
breakfast - brown bread with peanut butter, eggs white and milk, sabji with paratha.
lunch - bottle gourd sabji with paratha.

have recently joined gym so my diet is completely changed now.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
[MENTION=147449]anky[/MENTION] Ah, nice. You cook yourself??
[MENTION=322279]swans d1010mkii[/MENTION] dude you get aloo paratha in your mess!!!! waaaaw

anky

Youngling
[MENTION=147449]anky[/MENTION] Ah, nice. You cook yourself??
[MENTION=322279]swans d1010mkii[/MENTION] dude you get aloo paratha in your mess!!!! waaaaw

no i don't cook myself, we have a cook. (we are 5 friends living in a flat), rest of the things like bread butter, peeling of boiled eggs are done by me only.

P.S peanut butter is yummy, never tasted it until now and m loving it. Especially wen used with brown bread. Its very healthy as well. It tastes like roasted salty peanuts.

aakaash

Broken In
[MENTION=138367]lightningfassst[/MENTION] "aloo paratha" is just the name of the item...what you get is an aata-aloo-chilli_powder conglomerate that is better to bite-and-throw or else the stomach will be the site of the next nuclear disaster. :-D

Top Bottom