What brands to consider for 32 inch LCD tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

hwsbh

Broken In
Hi
I am planning to buy a 32inch LCD TV with a budget of 55-60k. Among the popular brands, which ones are known for better products?? Any help would be highly appreciated.
Thanks

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Well, we're testing HDTVs in our June issue... we can tell you after we test, for sure.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
LG and Samsung are the most VFM.

Sony is usually overpriced. I'll be happy to post more if you want to know more.

OP
H

hwsbh

Broken In
LG and Samsung are the most VFM.

Sony is usually overpriced. I'll be happy to post more if you want to know more.

that will be great!!! btw, while i was browsing through sony's and samsung websites, i found sony to be cheaper in 32 inch category...am i missing something here. Is there a difference between features offered and how relevant are those features??
Thanks

ankushkool

Youngling
According to last year's digit review Philips 32PF5609/98 is the best HDTV in 32" category.

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
that will be great!!! btw, while i was browsing through sony's and samsung websites, i found sony to be cheaper in 32 inch category...am i missing something here. Is there a difference between features offered and how relevant are those features??
Thanks
Specifications matter. :)

LG and Samsung give you everything from a great Contrast Ratio, response time and USB + DivX.

OP
H

hwsbh

Broken In
thanks ankushkool

--------------------------------------------------------------

Specifications matter. :)

LG and Samsung give you everything from a great Contrast Ratio, response time and USB + DivX.

thanks ico! Btw, how much of a diff does contrast ratio make?? I noticed a diff in price of 5-6k between two sets with same specs but one with a contrast ratio of 50,000:1 and other with 60,000:1...how prominent is the diff?

ankushkool

Youngling
Diff brands have diff standards of measuring the contrast ratio, so you cant compare contrast ratio from two diff brands.

abhijitsb306

Broken In
You can check out the LG Jazz Theatre, it has good sound quality if you are not planning to have a home theatre system.
I got LG Jazz Theatre 32LH60YR for 40K in March this year and sound quality is good.
Also for your budget you can go for 40/42inch LCD TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom