what are these in realtek lan card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
In my computer, when I go to the local area connection properties, there is a tab called "configure". If I click on this I am presented with a screen showing various tabs like advanced etc. On clicking advanced, I happened to see some settings like "link speed/duples mode" and against that 10full, 10 half, 100 full, 100 half and auto modes are listed. what are these settings. Would changing any of these affect my connectivity speed?

gr8usr

Broken In
Ramakrishnan said:
In my computer, when I go to the local area connection properties, there is a tab called "configure". If I click on this I am presented with a screen showing various tabs like advanced etc. On clicking advanced, I happened to see some settings like "link speed/duples mode" and against that 10full, 10 half, 100 full, 100 half and auto modes are listed. what are these settings. Would changing any of these affect my connectivity speed?

here are the meanings

10 half duplex - 10Mbps speed and transfer of data only from one side at a time
10 full duplex - 10Mbps speed and transfer of data from both sides at the same time
100 half duplex - 100Mbps speed and transfer of data only from one side at a time
100 full duplex - 100Mbps speed and transfer of data from both sides at the same time

If your network supports higher speeds it will make a difference otherwise not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom