wet hands on touchscreen - [disadvantages of a toucscreeen phone]

Gaurav

In the zone
I am planning to purchase a QWERTY + touchscreen phone. But one thing I feel that I should look into for before purchasing is that

Are touchscreen phones delicate?
What happens if I operate my touchscreen phone with little wet hands or have to operate in a little rainy area or drop it accidentally?

Please help me with this question..

Thanks

Last edited:

raj_in

In the zone
i have dropped my star abt 10-15times nothing & happend
abt wet hands
y would u want to use it with wet hands
u can wipe it on ur jeans or t-shrt

i dnt knw wht wl happen in d rain though

sujoyp

Grand Master
Touchscreen phones r actually delicate...I have read in this forum itself that even if u put in under ur pillow or accidentally put ur weight on it, it will definitely break.
My friends N97 screen broke...it fall down on concrete floor from hands while talking.
And the screen cost not less then 3k

slightly Wet hands r ok but u just cant take it out in rain...

U can just put a screen guard and u can use it even while having food or with sweaty hands.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
I have HTC touch pro. I hate talking on phone but due to business commitments I have to carry it even in bathroom. The shower water always reaches the screen. Almost daily. But nothing really happens. The phone is not at all delicate. And rain didnt affect its touchscreen.

OP
Gaurav

Gaurav

In the zone
I don't want to use it with wet hands but there are times when you fall in need of one. Ofcourse I am not gonna touch with complete wet hands but I wanted to know from the experiences of other users :) (never used a touch phone before, not even tried it) that's why asked it over here. :)

thanks raj_in, sujoyp and a_medico for their valuable advice. :)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Use the stylus then or the plectrum or you nails (grow one if you don't have of significant size).

raj_in

In the zone
Use the stylus then or the plectrum or you nails (grow one if you don't have of significant size).

Actually nails is a good suggestion
stylus & plectrum is a miss for me

& i actually rolled over my phone when in sleep
next morning when i woke up & saw i was like "oh ****!!!!"
but thankfully nothing happened

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
Actually nails is a good suggestion
stylus & plectrum is a miss for me

& i actually rolled over my phone when in sleep
next morning when i woke up & saw i was like "oh ****!!!!"
but thankfully nothing happened

haha!! this has happened to me a gazillion times... as I just fall asleep while watching youtube or listening to music :thumbs:

to the op: don't worry just put a screen guard and you are good to go.

_

sude

Tech'ing life seriously!!
i have dropped my star abt 10-15times nothing & happend...

10-15 times??
my.god.. this would b my worst nightmare!

That doesnot mean i did not drop it (accidentally). My Nokia 5230 has bounced on mother earth twice, but Nokia ka bharosa... Nothing happened!

and as far as carrying the phone to watery areas is concerned, i dont carry it to those areas (like washroom, rains), instead i carry my other handset (Nokia 6030), to which conditional forwarding is activated!

And I have a screenguard use my nails to touch and wipe it clean with Colins and lint free cloth!

_SUDE

Top Bottom