Western Digital Run by Ultra/Super idiots ![RMA ]

Stuge

Youngling
I registered one of my failed 74gb Raptor for RMA on 12th April 2011.Drive was supposed to be picked on 18th April 2011 ,but no one came to pick the drive .On 22nd April, I got a call from their courier company (don't remember the name ) that a guy will come to pick up the drive on 23rd ,but then again no one came to pick it up .I was soo disappointed with this pathetic customer service that on 27th, I decided to mail[their customer care number is always busy ] them, and again I was assured by their customer executive , like earlier ,but no one turned up . .By this time I lost my temper ,told them how good I feel about the company .On 2nd May ,I was again assured like earlier that "process will be expedited;" and I will receive the replacement drive within two days .

Yesterday ,I received an email from WD stating Drive of so and so serial number has been received and delivered ..WOW.now I'm dead sure this company is not run by fools ,but by ultra..,super morons . Their after sales service has touched new heights of mediocrity .

RMA was Done on 12 APRIL 2011 and NOW its 8th May 2011.

Screen Shot

*img153.imageshack.us/img153/880/westerndigitali.jpg

Note :I've once again complaint them regarding error or whatever their site is showing .now waiting for their reply .

Secondly .I don't want this thread to become WD vs Seagate .If you're really interested in that please open your own thread for that.

virajkin

Journeyman
Hii I am Viraj from Goa. I had a good experience with WD Service. I had a Faulty WD 320GB Portable HDD which i registered for RMA on 22nd April 2011. It was Picked up by Courier Service guy on 25th April and i got a new Hard disk of 320GB on 1 May 2011, without having much of a delay like you had. Tough luck for you....

OP
Stuge

Stuge

Youngling
Hii I am Viraj from Goa. I had a good experience with WD Service. I had a Faulty WD 320GB Portable HDD which i registered for RMA on 22nd April 2011. It was Picked up by Courier Service guy on 25th April and i got a new Hard disk of 320GB on 1 May 2011, without having much of a delay like you had. Tough luck for you....

maybe you were one lucky guy :smile: or their rma service differs from city to city :-x

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
I faced similar problem last month.. but thanks to WD email support.. they sent me 2 replacements.

OP
Stuge

Stuge

Youngling
ok guys ,I got the replacement hdd .

They are yet to transfer warranty of the old hdd to new one .[Email is already send regarding it ]

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
I have got very good service with WD nagpur , i called for RMA and next day the guy came to pick up and within 5 days i got my replacement drive :D

Top Bottom