Western Digital 2TB Cavier Green not working.. :(

balakrish

Got a whack on head!
Hi friends,
I'm using seagate 1TB harddisk already.. Recently i bought a new harddisk, Western Digital SATA 2TB (WD20earx).. I tried to install it. After connecting all the cables, i checked with my BIOS, it shown PATA wd20earx and my old harddisk as SATA something.. After booting up to my ubuntu, i couldn't see the harddisk on disks interface.. :(

The same problem occurs on windows too..

Please help.

UPDATE:

I think the problem is with my motherboard BIOS.. it doesn't show the size of the harddisk.. it shows my first harddisk size as 1000.02GB but the second harddisk is 0.0GB.

Last edited:
OP
balakrish

balakrish

Got a whack on head!

Flash

Lost in speed
Connect only the 2TB HDD, and check whether it is showing up or not in BIOS.

2 threads?
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/cpu-motherboards/172429-do-intel-dh55tc-support-wd-caviar-green-2-tb.html

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ OP - make sure your Sata ports are running at AHCI mode instead of IDE in bios .. most of the bios by default use IDE mode for better compatibility. So setting at AHCI mode should solve Sata HDD shown as IDE HDD issue.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
do not enable UEFI bios unless you are using a 3tb or above hdd(or more than 2tb).2tb hdd works fine without UEFI even in a 9 year old intel 865 mobo so the issue is either with bios setting/hdd or sata/power cable.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Read this :

UPDATE:

I think the problem is with my motherboard BIOS.. it doesn't show the size of the harddisk.. it shows my first harddisk size as 1000.02GB but the second harddisk is 0.0GB.

so I think the issue is Op's HDD but it can be also due to bad sata cable ( data/power ) or Sata port.

Top Bottom