Weird Torrent Query!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

capri435

Broken In
Hi Everyone,
Am using Bitlord for downloading torrents.Bitlord shows all the summary of the torrent being downloaded.And i saw that the total amount of data exceeds that of the total size of the the file being downloaded.There is no rubbish data also.So why we need to download so much more of data to completethe file.The difference in larger files is very much.
for ex- for 581Mb file the total downloaded data was around 790Mb.Thats more than 200Mb of extra data.Even for smaller files like i downloaded a 22.3Mb file and the total amount of data downloaded was 54.7Mb.
Thats way too much and it takes a lot more time to finish the file.I dont think thats normal.Can someone explain Please!!!!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internet is a waste of time,and thats exactly whats right about it.

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
Well, yes, but thats pretty normal.

Its just the way Torrent network works.

You can check this thread to understand why it happens:
Torrent query

You can probably decrease the amount of garbage data downloaded, either by limiting your Connections, or by using a better software like Azureus.

Savvy :!:

eddie

El mooooo
Start using Azureus. AFAIK it is the only client which bans IPs based on how much bad data it has sent you. Lots of times your client gets connected to an IP which keeps sending you bad data and you can't do anything about it. On the other hand, in Azureus if an IP sends bad data for more than 3 times (or how much you set) then it gets banned and you do not download from it again.

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
Are yaar!
ITs simple, just go to utorrent.com and download the latest µtorrent 5 stable. Thats it. Now all ur problems would be solved.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
I've had the same problem with every client except Azureus.
I had to download 300 MB to get a 175 MB file with BitLord and BitComet. But with Azureus only 5 MB of data is wasted while downloading a 175 MB file.

eddie

El mooooo
mayanksharma said:
Are yaar!
ITs simple, just go to utorrent.com and download the latest µtorrent 5 stable. Thats it. Now all ur problems would be solved.
Yeah...trust a closed source developer who is in bed with peerfactor and I love MS Windows :roll:

OP
C

capri435

Broken In
Thanx alot for the answers.I used to download using Azureus but it was very heavy on the system.So i shifted to bitlord.Anyhow back to Azureus then.

manas

Wandering in the zone ...
eddie said:
mayanksharma said:
Are yaar!
Yeah...trust a closed source developer who is in bed with peerfactor and I love MS Windows :roll:

When did utorrent 5 come out? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom