Weird issues with Jio

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hello Friends,

I got a Jio sim and put in my S7 along with a Vodafone sim. Jio is in Sim 1 slot and Vodafone is Sim 2 slot. If both sims are on then I am not able to place any calls from the Jio sim, I can't even call a Jio number. I dial a number and that's it no dial tone no nothing. As soon as I turn off the Vodafone sim Jio works flawlessly. The internet works fine irrespective of the fact whether the 2nd sim is on or off. If I turn on both the sims and call the 2nd Vodafone sim the calls goes through, but here's the catch if I call Jio i.e. Sim 1 I get a message that your call is waiting/in queue but I am not using Sim 1 to make or receive any calls. Sim 1 is idle during this and I am getting the call on the screen. Jio Sim was in Sim 2 slot previously I swapped it but the issue is the same. We have a Moto G4 phone at home wherein Airtel is in Sim slot 1 and Jio in slot 2 but everything is working fine. What should I do?

P.S. An out of context thing, Paytm is supposedly giving a cashback of Rs. 10 if we convert the Jio number to Prime but unfortunately the code PrimeJio is giving an error and is not working but according to Paytm it is live. The Jio wallet app is giving the cashback of Rs. 50 in the form of vouchers. Can we use these vouchers to recharge further if we choose the second option?

Thanks

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
Hello Friends,

I got a Jio sim and put in my S7 along with a Vodafone sim. Jio is in Sim 1 slot and Vodafone is Sim 2 slot. If both sims are on then I am not able to place any calls from the Jio sim, I can't even call a Jio number. I dial a number and that's it no dial tone no nothing. As soon as I turn off the Vodafone sim Jio works flawlessly. The internet works fine irrespective of the fact whether the 2nd sim is on or off. If I turn on both the sims and call the 2nd Vodafone sim the calls goes through, but here's the catch if I call Jio i.e. Sim 1 I get a message that your call is waiting/in queue but I am not using Sim 1 to make or receive any calls. Sim 1 is idle during this and I am getting the call on the screen. Jio Sim was in Sim 2 slot previously I swapped it but the issue is the same. We have a Moto G4 phone at home wherein Airtel is in Sim slot 1 and Jio in slot 2 but everything is working fine. What should I do?

P.S. An out of context thing, Paytm is supposedly giving a cashback of Rs. 10 if we convert the Jio number to Prime but unfortunately the code PrimeJio is giving an error and is not working but according to Paytm it is live. The Jio wallet app is giving the cashback of Rs. 50 in the form of vouchers. Can we use these vouchers to recharge further if we choose the second option?

Thanks

Did you set Vodafone for mobile data?? If so, this is expected. Jio won't work without setting it for mobile data.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Did you set Vodafone for mobile data?? If so, this is expected. Jio won't work without setting it for mobile data.

Sim Manager settings-
Network mode
Sim 1 Jio- LTE only
Sim 2 Vodafone- 3g/2g remains unchanged
Calls were Sim 1 changed to ask always
Text and data Sim 1 only

Moreover two additional issues I have found, a. if we send a sms to any number from Jio it won't go in the first instance, I have to resend it again. b. Many times if I call both the numbers, the operators of both the phones tell me that the numbers are switched off. Vodafone is giving a 2 hour free 4g window per day whenever I activate that window I change Vodafone's setting to LTE/3g/2g(auto connect) and automatically Jio is turned off. When the window is over I change the setting again. I hope that it is not interfering with this. My friend has a J5 phone and he has not faced any issue like this, in the Moto phone that we have has Jio in sim 2 slot and everything is working fine. It is so frustrating that this kinda thing is happening to me. Just now I turned off the Vodafone sim and after 5-10 minutes the Jio sim is working fine. What should I do?

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=126812]whitestar_999[/MENTION] [MENTION=4314]patkim[/MENTION] [MENTION=26711]ico[/MENTION] [MENTION=105611]bssunilreddy[/MENTION] [MENTION=142062]Flash[/MENTION]

Any help dear brothers?

I have turned off the Vodafone sim since the past few hours and everything is fine. Is there any setting or something which needs to be changed.

I was just calling someone an hour back and I got a precall/prerecorded message,"Aircel ke sang paiye 160 mein 160 full tt" WTF The guy whom I called does not have a Aircel sim and he is in my city only. How did Aircel come in the picture? Is this some tower messed up ****? I have connected my phone's to my pc and the internet is not stopping during calls.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't have a samsung phone so can't say anything but I suggest taking a look at data/network settings of your friend's J5 & compare them to your S7 settings to see what are the differences.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Seems more like a software bug than anything else.

See, if you could "force" your preferred network preference on both the SIMs using *#*#4636#*#*.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I don't have a samsung phone so can't say anything but I suggest taking a look at data/network settings of your friend's J5 & compare them to your S7 settings to see what are the differences.
Well J5 has a hutch 2g Sim, he did not swap it for the new 3g or 4g Vodafone sim. His settings were-

Sim Manager settings-
Network mode
Sim 1 Jio- Auto 2g/3g/LTE
Sim 2 Vodafone- 2g
Calls, Text were Sim 2
Data Sim 1
As per XDA forums jio should always be LTE only otherwise it will give problems. But for my friend it is working great. Do you think my Vodafone sim is messing with jio? IDK some signal or other issues. Can there be a manufacturing fault in jio sim?

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Seems more like a software bug than anything else.

See, if you could "force" your preferred network preference on both the SIMs using *#*#4636#*#*.
I am using the latest ota update. Many Indian users at XDA are using the same update and their jio works fine.
That ussd code did not work dear. Am I missing something?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Maybe 3g or 4g vodafone sim is incapable of working on 2g causing interference with other sim slot's network type.Try with a vodafone sim different than the one you are currently using(assuming you use 4g sim now,swap it with 3g or 2g vodafone sim).

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Maybe 3g or 4g vodafone sim is incapable of working on 2g causing interference with other sim slot's network type.Try with a vodafone sim different than the one you are currently using(assuming you use 4g sim now,swap it with 3g or 2g vodafone sim).
Got my hands on a J7 of my friend. The guy is using 4g airtel sim, his settings were like this-
Sim Manager settings-
Network mode
Sim 1 Jio- LTE only
Sim 2 Airtel- 2g
Calls, Text were Sim 2
Data Sim 1

His operator is different but settings same as mine. IDK wtf is happening. It will be hard to find someone with a 2g vodafone sim. 1 more thing when calls from Jio don't go through, nothing happens I mean the call screen will be there till eternity until I cancel the call. There is no error message of any sort.

Is Jio4GVoice App needed to call someone?
*www.jio.com/support/en-in/faq/self...i-am-not-able-to-make-calls-what-do-i-do.html

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=26711]ico[/MENTION]
The guy is also suggesting the same but *#*#4636#*#* is not the code for any of the Galaxy series anymore-
How To Solving Calling Problem & VOLTE Issue Reliance Jio For Redmi Note 3 &Any Device - YouTub

SGS3 LTE looking for an equivalent code to *#*#4636#*#*

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
No, Jio App should not be needed.

Why don't you try your SIM cards in your friend's phone and see?

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
No, Jio App should not be needed.

Why don't you try your SIM cards in your friend's phone and see?

Removed the Vodafone 4g sim and inserted a 3g Docomo sim in slot 2. Tried my friends Jio sim in slot 1 but same result :( Man this is so frustrating. One thing that I have noticed is that the volte thing written on the top goes away or disappears most of the time. Also when it is back 50% of the times when I call someone, the call doesn't go through, there is no error or anything like that.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Disabled Docomo sim and Jio is working like a charm. I don't have other dual sim phone or else I would have used Do come and Vodafone in that. Moreover I still don't get what is wrong with s7 :(

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Get it checked at authorized service centre just to be on safe side.
I went there in the evening. They were not interested in listening when I said jio. They said it is jio's problem. The best thing that they could do was format the phone. Then I contacted jio store they told me the fault is in the phone :(

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I suggest trying on XDA forums,they may have some info about this issue because it looks like some kind of network type clash.You may ask help from some senior & trusted members who might be able to figure out the issue by using some specific tools that they may ask you to run & send them some report/result.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I suggest trying on XDA forums,they may have some info about this issue because it looks like some kind of network type clash.You may ask help from some senior & trusted members who might be able to figure out the issue by using some specific tools that they may ask you to run & send them some report/result.
Tried that but firangi guys said to contact Indian members as they are better acquainted with the network types here. There is a specific thread for s7 Indian users, they suggested to make jio lte only that's it.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Try setting jio to any network(2g/3g/4g) instead of LTE only then.Also is this problem started after OTA update or you noticed it since the first time you started using jio sim.

Top Bottom