Weird charging issues with my galaxy POP

kaudey

Journeyman
Hello All,

I am facing these weird problems with my Samsung Galaxy POP:

1. It takes about 4-5 hrs to charge fully (till 100% shown in the upper left corner)
2. It discharges in <12hrs after a full charge
3. Sometimes while charging, if I remove it from charging, it will still keep showing the battery with a small lightning bolt sign inside in the upper right corner (which is usually there if ur phone is plugged in) till I restart it
4. After 100% charge when I unplug my charger, it keeps showing the icon mentioned in point 1 till I restart my phone
5. If I power-off my phone when its unplugged and try powering it on, it takes at least 5-6 times to power up even with full battery. Every time I press the power button it will show me an empty battery and will go to power-off again till it restarts successfully. After powering up and booting it shows normal battery status
AAAAANND...the weirdest of all problems:
6. As mentioned in point 3 above, if after unplugging from charging I do not restart my phone, it actually proceeds to get charged till 100% without any power source at all!!!! And then the phone will just power off without warning as soon as the battery is drained.

This started happening after once I plugged in my charger without switching off the mains and got some sparks. The phone was connected to the charger at that time.

I know this is quiet ammusing but the lousy battery life is killing me. I even bought a spare battery, but no go. I am going to the service centre sometime soon as this is still under warranty. Any suggestions??

avidahiya

Right off the assembly line
Seems like its your first android phone talking about battery life its a common problem with all these android follow the charge.discharge therapy 4 time battery will get a lot better also use battery booster app

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
looks more like a firmware problem. reinstall the OS should fix it.

on a side note, we never recommend Pop for this reason. a lousy 1200mah battery with a 3.1" screen and unoptimised Android, even on a full functioning mobile it'll be hard to get 12hrs.

OP
K

kaudey

Journeyman
looks more like a firmware problem. reinstall the OS should fix it.

on a side note, we never recommend Pop for this reason. a lousy 1200mah battery with a 3.1" screen and unoptimised Android, even on a full functioning mobile it'll be hard to get 12hrs.

:sad: So what are my options? Custom ROM? I am a noob for android but I dint have this kind of problem earlier. My usage is too less to drain my battery like that. I connect to net at 2G, never connect wifi, calling is below 2hr a day and no MM usage, not even songs.

I upgraded my firmware a few days back, thought that wil help, but...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
nope. first try to reinstall official update/rom. if it doesn't fix the problem go to Samsung service center. no need to use custom rom as if the problem becomes more serious, reverting back to stock can be a problem.

OP
K

kaudey

Journeyman
nope. first try to reinstall official update/rom. if it doesn't fix the problem go to Samsung service center. no need to use custom rom as if the problem becomes more serious, reverting back to stock can be a problem.

How do I do it myself?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
if PC Suite supports it then its easy, else you may need to download the Android file & use odin to install it.

OP
K

kaudey

Journeyman
No go :( :( :(....so I have decided to exchange my phone now. Requirements:

Budget: 16K, including the exchange Sangeetha@Bangalore is offering me ~4k
Screen size: Biggest available, touch, has to be more than 16m colours (I was totally put off by the POP screen)
OS:I don't think anything else will do for me. Android:2.3 if possible
Other features: No qwerty, HUGE BATTERY LIFE IS A MUST, I know cant expect more than 2 days, but it should be minimum 2 days with moderate multimedia, less calling, always on GPRS usage.

PS. Please let me know if anybody interested in buying my POP, which is still under warranty, I will create a new thread in Bazaar section then.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I am looking for an Android phone. But, according to this source, Galaxy POP is not a GSM device. Or else, this could have been a sweet deal. :(
Samsung Galaxy Pop i559 - Full phone specifications

Terabyte

In the zone
HUGE BATTERY LIFE IS A MUST, I know cant expect more than 2 days, but it should be minimum 2 days with moderate multimedia, less calling, always on GPRS usage.
More than 2 days is near impossible with any Android phone.
Motorola Defy has the biggest screen and battery for any android phone under 16k.
You may wait for Defy+ to release but may be priced at 17-18k!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I am looking for an Android phone. But, according to this source, Galaxy POP is not a GSM device. Or else, this could have been a sweet deal. :(

POP is available both in CDMA & GSM version. OP will know which version he got.

Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570
Samsung Galaxy Pop S5570

Samsung Galaxy Pop i559
Samsung Galaxy Pop i559

so nice deal @ 4k, if it is GSM? :)

No go :( :( :(....so I have decided to exchange my phone now. Requirements:

Budget: 16K, including the exchange Sangeetha@Bangalore is offering me ~4k
Screen size: Biggest available, touch, has to be more than 16m colours (I was totally put off by the POP screen)
OS:I don't think anything else will do for me. Android:2.3 if possible
Other features: No qwerty, HUGE BATTERY LIFE IS A MUST, I know cant expect more than 2 days, but it should be minimum 2 days with moderate multimedia, less calling, always on GPRS usage.

PS. Please let me know if anybody interested in buying my POP, which is still under warranty, I will create a new thread in Bazaar section then.

Motorola Defy/Xperia Mini Pro but there is already a thread listing some noise problem in Mini Pro while recording video. do some online checking if you like that mobile.

Motorola Defy has the biggest screen and battery for any android phone under 16k.

Spice MI410 = 4" screen :)

OP
K

kaudey

Journeyman

I have got the GSM version: S5570

Top Bottom