website designing help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajeev1981

Broken In
hello friends i want to know about website designing.i"m a doctor and want to create my own web site for free.i have listen abt aol homepage but dont know how to create it.can experts pls guide me thanks a lot.

eagle_y2j

Youngling
If u are not fimiliar with code html use Dreamweaver or Front-page but a gud website needs that designer knows how to code

sridatta

An Esoteric Geek
u can use either dreamweaver or frontpage.. but before directly stepping into that.. i w'd be better if u learn some basics of html which will help u in modifying the code...
to learn html, www.w3schools.com is really gud.. go though the tutorials for a day or two n then.. i think u dont face any prblm user the complex interface of dreamweaver too...

hard_rock

Salieri Family
What is your exact requirement for the site? Is it a blog or you portfolio or something else. The technologies differ a little bit. Because for blogs you need to learn web scripting languages or if want to setup a site then basic HTML would suffice. For PHP visit www.php.net and for HTML as above said w3c is good.

shashank4u

Youngling
dont use frontpage use editors instead.
like web page maker best in its category
also give a try to bluevoda.

OP
R

rajeev1981

Broken In
i want to create a site where i can get information from my patients.it may be like a blog pls tell me what kind of html is better for me as i'm new with it.like to create a site where ppl can take advice from me.thanks for ur appreciation

tuxfan

Technomancer
rajeev1981 said:
i want to create a site where i can get information from my patients.it may be like a blog pls tell me what kind of html is better for me as i'm new with it.like to create a site where ppl can take advice from me.thanks for ur appreciation

I think what you want is an interactive site where your patients can post their queries and you can asnwer them. If you want all the queries to be visible to all, you need to have a forum where patients can register, post their queries and you answer them.

Alternatively, you can have a contact form on your website from where people can send you their information which will come to you by email. You can then reply them by email.

What exactly is in your mind? How do you want it? There are many differenct ways of doing what you want. So please make it clear.

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
Make a broad requirements list for ur website/blog and post them here then people will be able to help u more precisely.

BTW u really have patients who will come online and discuss problems rather then using the phone?

tuxfan

Technomancer
Actually, he has said he wants "something like blog" but he mainly wants an interactive setup for to and fro communication with his patients. So I don't think WordPress is of much use to him.

At most what he can use is a forum (*www.phpbb.com or *www.vbulletin.com) if its an open discussion! But blog? I doubt.

In a blog, the site-owner is the main person who makes all the posts and other's reply/comment to it. However, here he wants a place where his patients makes a post/query and he replies! So its the other way round :)

Shall we call it a golb? ;)

hard_rock

Salieri Family
HTML wont suffice for your requirement. It requires a little bit complex thing, Scripts like PHP. And to suit ur requirement forums like this would be the best, PROVIDED u dont make restrictions like only REGISTERED members can only post (Like this Thinkdigit Forum).. Because nobody has the patience and enough technical knowledge to go through the entire technical process (One of my friend dont know how to signup for an E-mail service). Just open to all to post their Problems, and You must provide categories such that u divert USERS to appropriate sections (Like this forum has Gamerz, Chit chat..etc sub sections)
Then it would be interactive. And also maintaining a forum would be easy for u as there are readymade forums like Vbulletin, PHPBB,Invision board etc... For which u dont even have to know PHP. Basic knowledge of HTML would be better. And installations instructions are clearly given in Documentation in these forums(Installables) itself.
If u found too much of technicalities here, I think better u hire someone or give someone to do technical work. Because u r a doctor, what is the use of spending ur whole time in learning an area which u r not related. I am not discouraging u, but its my Opinion.

tuxfan

Technomancer
hard_rock said:
HTML wont suffice for your requirement. It requires a little bit complex thing, Scripts like PHP. And to suit ur requirement forums like this would be the best, PROVIDED u dont make restrictions like only REGISTERED members can only post (Like this Thinkdigit Forum).. Because nobody has the patience and enough technical knowledge to go through the entire technical process (One of my friend dont know how to signup for an E-mail service). Just open to all to post their Problems, and You must provide categories such that u divert USERS to appropriate sections (Like this forum has Gamerz, Chit chat..etc sub sections)
Then it would be interactive. And also maintaining a forum would be easy for u as there are readymade forums like Vbulletin, PHPBB,Invision board etc... For which u dont even have to know PHP. Basic knowledge of HTML would be better. And installations instructions are clearly given in Documentation in these forums(Installables) itself.
If u found too much of technicalities here, I think better u hire someone or give someone to do technical work. Because u r a doctor, what is the use of spending ur whole time in learning an area which u r not related. I am not discouraging u, but its my Opinion.

I agree to most of these. You should not waste time in knowing about these things unless you are interested or want to save some money. But if you need to set-up something like phpBB, then at least a cPanel hosting with fantastico will solve your problem as installing phpBB will be matter of just a few clicks and all you need is a browser :)

steelwin

Broken In
can u give the whole work to me , i can give you my vbulletin license for free, it seems to be like the forum in out digit site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom