Webcam and Wifi protection help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broken In
Hi I want to know that is there any way that my webcam gets hacked and can be used by any other person?

I pruchased a laptop and using wifi on it.
I also want to know about security problems and their solutions for wifi and webcam.
How can i make them 100% secure for internet surfing.
Is there any possibility that one gets access (through wifi) to my private files and use them

Plz nebody help me. its urgent.

is there nobody who can provide me the solution?

Last edited:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Is there any possibility that one gets access (through wifi) to my private files and use them

Are you connected to any Wifi network ?? do you use any home router for broadband connection ??

As see once you have No Extra file permission give to your files, by default they are not accisible by Wifi or wired network..

And for accising web cam, once again by default Windows ownt allow it, hence make sire system is malware free and no Remote desktop connections are running :p thats it..

but these question comes after u answer where u can any Wifi network or not !! as if no network, then simply turn off the wifi it self :lol:

OP

Broken In
Hi Thanx for ur ans. Actually presently i m not using wifi but i m going to use it in my campus. i.e. NIT. They are providing me Wifi but before using i want to make sure that is there any harm in using wifi. and i n going to use webcam as well.

Hope u can answer.
If u want to ask anything plz let me know.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
i want to make sure that is there any harm in using wifi.

Its already written :)

In layman's language

Wifi is nothing but like a dial up connection, it gives you access to internet and if, only if you choose manually by editing your windows settings and installing 3rd party applications then only one may access your Hard drive (to read or write / delete your files) or using RDC to access your web cam.

Wifi is just an interface to give your PC / Notebook network connectivity, by default all those settings you say, like "some one accessing your files or controling your PC / web cam" comes block... Hence unless you your self grant rights to some one to access your PC by editing windows settings or installing 3rd party apps no one cant access you :)

hacker.kracker

Broken In
the only antivirus softwares that offers wifi protection is trend micro - so i guess you need to use TIS to protect you laptop -

Am not sure how chotocheeta says wifi is safe while he continues to say its the same as connecting to the net - am sure connecting to the net isnt safe with out any security software protection !!!

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Am not sure how chotocheeta says wifi is safe while he continues to say its the same as connecting to the net - am sure connecting to the net isnt safe with out any security software protection !!!

under NTFS partition unless you manually edit settings to allow any one part from Admin user to have read - write access there are noways unwanted people to have data access in your system...

Unless you manually authenticate any RDC software to have control of you PC there is no way a 3rd party can access your desktop session...

the only antivirus softwares that offers wifi protection is trend micro - so i guess you need to use TIS to protect you laptop -

What you are talking about is Malware protection, which is needed even if you have wifi or not...

Connecting to the Net, means Network, that network may be internet / extranet / VPN / Ethernet / WAN or any type... If you are in a trusted network, you do not need any security where as if you are not sure about the network then you need security

To browser known web sites, to open only know email and using a good email service having its own AVS, one may not need a security suit in his desktop :)

Status
Not open for further replies.