Status
Not open for further replies.

sridhar8310

Broken In
guys, I am planning to start a site that allows user to upload any files into my server and allow any person to download those files. Firstly, will there be any kind of any problem, even if I say that my server acts as a temporary means of holding the data(actually forever). Can I put a kind of agreement thingy before entering my site, on my own and will be legal and valid. Please tell me, if I can do so and would not run into probs with the copyright holders or any other ways.....

ishaan

Padawan
you have to put an agreement saying that - you are not responsible for the content on ur site and the users who upload it are responsible

check out these sites if they got any agreements:

megaupload.com
rapidshare.de

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
do wat ishaan says and also u can employ ppl to check files after they are uploaded, if illegal u ca delete em just like in rapidshare and megaupload

OP
S

sridhar8310

Broken In
thanks guys

thanks for the replies guys. But what I was wondering is a bit differnet from the sites you guys gave me(megaupload and rapidshare). They are used to transfer files to some guy with their server as a temp medium. But I wish to hold the data uploaded by users and make it available to any user for direct downloads or atlest an indirect download(like right click and download) without actually checking trhe content, so .....? Will there be any problem for me if I possess those files......

ishaan

Padawan
im not sure...u need to call up an IT related lawyer...look on google mebe sum sites offer free legal advice or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom