WD 200GB Not Being Detected - Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

emmarbee

Journeyman
Hi everybody,
My Western Digital 200 Gb Hard Disk gone kaput. The last activity I did with the hdd was taking it to my friend's house and connected it in the e-SATA his system(Q6600+EP45DS3R). Later when I brought back and connected it to my system, it is not being deducted.

What I Tried So Far:

--> Connected it in different SATA port in the motherboard. Even connected it to the same port where my new 500 gb seagate is being connected and working properly).

--> Tried it with a different SATA cable (the cable which was working fine with my new 500GB seagate HDD).

--> WD200JS HDD also has another power option (MOLEX-4 PIN). SO I even tried different MOLEX-4PINs that comes from the SMPS. (In fact I was using this power option only, from the very beginning.)

--> I took the HDD to my friend's system (another friend) and checked out in his system(D820+945).

All the above methods showed no change. IT IS NOT BEING DETECTED IN THE BIOS itself.

I checked out the Warranty for it. It is still there for 2 more years.

But before giving it for RMA, I need to retrieve the files from the HDD. Is there any possiblity? Any help is much appreciated.

Krow

Crowman
I doubt it. If you try, they will charge you sky high like 30k or so. Recovery rates are huge, plus no guarantee whether data will be recovered fully. I faced same prob with Seagate 500GB 7200.11 failure. :(

OP
E

emmarbee

Journeyman
OMG! And i thought it would be a cake walk, and thats the reason why I had posted in this forum.
I expected replies like
"the problem might be in the power connector of your hdd, so the datas won't be affected. You can connect it with an external case and then retieve your datas" . . .

If only it had been something like that :(

Fahd.Malik

Broken In
Did you tried it on the system of your friend( esata)?

Is there any sort of movement felt when you switch it on? like temperature? vibration? sound?

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Sad but true, there is no way u r getting back the data...

I lost 930GB of data like that...

Get it replaced and keep ur fingers crossed so that doesn't happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom