WBJEE Counselling Help!!!!!!!

tkin

Back to school!!
can i get decent colleges in 2nd counselling? :'(
It'll be hard, but you can try, I have been out of the loop for some time, no idea what is the status at the moment. I could guarantee you a good college upto 25k mark, but not sure about 37k.

OP
MatchBoxx

MatchBoxx

the m0nk who sold his PC!
It'll be hard, but you can try, I have been out of the loop for some time, no idea what is the status at the moment. I could guarantee you a good college upto 25k mark, but not sure about 37k.

can you please gather information regarding that within your friends, family, or juniors, or faculty members? Please? Can you please ask your college's faculty about what can be done in this situation? Please!

soumo27

→|Requiescat| |in| |Pace|
@sammy_cool.. Just get admitted to a college with B.sc(H), and then u can wait for 3rd counselling... ;-) I will do the same to get a good college with CSE. Missed Xaviers by 7 marks. :( Let's see what happens in Scottish..

@tkin

for CSE/IT which r the best private colleges.

OP
MatchBoxx

MatchBoxx

I seriously need valuable advice now!

@sammy_cool.. Just get admitted to a college with B.sc(H), and then u can wait for 3rd counselling... ;-) I will do the same to get a good college with CSE. Missed Xaviers by 7 marks. :( Let's see what happens in Scottish..

@tkin

merit list for admission already published by Xavier's?
I have to check then!

soumo27

→|Requiescat| |in| |Pace|
its published on 14th dude. and by now, half of the admission procedure is probably over. :shock:

tkin

Back to school!!

@tkin

These are the best colleges afaik in kolkata(private), and nothing special for CSE, the CSE faculties for all colleges including JU/Shivpur are cr@p when it comes to teaching, so its the placement that most people go after.

IEM>Heritage>Techno India Saltlake>Netaji Subhash>[Meghnad saha~BP Poddar~Techno india college of technology~St Thomas~Haldia]>The rest, this was the order in my time, missed meghnad cse by few ranks, got into tict rajarhut(and it sucks :p)

OP
MatchBoxx

MatchBoxx

These are the best colleges afaik in kolkata(private), and nothing special for CSE, the CSE faculties for all colleges including JU/Shivpur are cr@p when it comes to teaching, so its the placement that most people go after.

IEM>Heritage>Techno India Saltlake>Netaji Subhash>[Meghnad saha~BP Poddar~Techno india college of technology~St Thomas~Haldia]>The rest, this was the order in my time, missed meghnad cse by few ranks, got into tict rajarhut(and it sucks :p)

more or less, the order remained same, now too...i'm worried

GeekyBoy

In the zone
Guys, I got a rank of around 634 in wbjee...i want to take up mechanical at Jadavpur...but official cutoff for the 1st round of counselling is around 450, so I was wondering if I could get through in the second or third round....i mean..can I get mechanical with my rank at JU ?

Guys please comment...

tkin

Back to school!!
Guys, I got a rank of around 634 in wbjee...i want to take up mechanical at Jadavpur...but official cutoff for the 1st round of counselling is around 450, so I was wondering if I could get through in the second or third round....i mean..can I get mechanical with my rank at JU ?

Guys please comment...
Why not mechanical at shivpur? Or maybe Electrical at shivpur? I'd really suggest you to not wait for 2nd/3rd counseling, JU/Shivpur seats do not go up in 2nd/3rd counseling, so it would be a risk not worth taking.

OP
MatchBoxx

MatchBoxx

Guys please comment...

i was just going through the latest "Matrix of opening and closing rank" of 2010. I think you would easily get ME at BESU.

or else Instrumentation And Electronics Engineering at jadvp

A last word of advice: Do what you love, Love what you do. Don't go with other's opinion always. There's a job for everyone...choose the right path for yourself, which you love.

[Btw, i think i'm doomed this year...nd next year too...'coz i can't never cope up with this chemistry ****! @tkin]

tkin

Back to school!!
i was just going through the latest "Matrix of opening and closing rank" of 2010. I think you would easily get ME at BESU.

or else Instrumentation And Electronics Engineering at jadvp

A last word of advice: Do what you love, Love what you do. Don't go with other's opinion always. There's a job for everyone...choose the right path for yourself, which you love.

[Btw, i think i'm doomed this year...nd next year too...'coz i can't never cope up with this chemistry ****! @tkin]
Ditto, my parents were forcing me to take electrical or ece(core subject), but I took what I liked most, I even slept through the bio exam cause I didn't like medical either(blood!!)

Good luck next year buddy, some of my friends took engineering and then prepared for jee next year, engg exam and syllabus are very easy, it allows you to prepare for jee unlike honors which is total pain in terms of volume of syllabus, I even got around 2k rank next year, but didn't go there cause I figured it ain't worth it.

OP
MatchBoxx

MatchBoxx

Ditto, my parents were forcing me to take electrical or ece(core subject), but I took what I liked most, I even slept through the bio exam cause I didn't like medical either(blood!!)

Good luck next year buddy, some of my friends took engineering and then prepared for jee next year, engg exam and syllabus are very easy, it allows you to prepare for jee unlike honors which is total pain in terms of volume of syllabus, I even got around 2k rank next year, but didn't go there cause I figured it ain't worth it.

so, i should get myself admitted to any "atipati engineering college" and then fix up the shitting chemistry, tune up physics, sharpen maths and try wbjee nxt year???? I have got 5000 rank in JEXPO, btw...i can also join any polytechnic...what do you suggest?...APC, jadv won't be far from my place Garia.

tkin

Back to school!!
so, i should get myself admitted to any "atipati engineering college" and then fix up the shitting chemistry, tune up physics, sharpen maths and try wbjee nxt year???? I have got 5000 rank in JEXPO, btw...i can also join any polytechnic...what do you suggest?...APC, jadv won't be far from my place Garia.
Your choice, afaik polytechnic won't get you a degree, its a diploma course after all, so the door sort of shuts there, remember one thing, the first year engineering syllabus(all streams) consists of ONLY 11-12th standard(aka wbjee standard) maths, physics, chemistry and mechanics(extension of physics, most chapters deal with force etc which are also a part of physics in wbjee paper), if you study first year hard then I can guarantee you'll get good rank next year, just my 2 cents.

In first year you will have the entire wbjee chemistry syllabus, starting from physical/inorganic in first sem(thermodynamics, metals etc), in second sem you'll have only organic chemistry(all of it), the entire syllabus which is there in wbjee, now make up your mind, you don't have to study extra, just have to study the syllabus.

I'll tell you what, go to this link: West Bengal University of Technology - WBUT
Download the first year syllabus, check it, compare it to wbjee syllabus, I believe you will be surprised.

Check it and comment here.

Its all there.

mitraark

Decrepit

Guys please comment...

Your rank is exceptional , but unfortunately it would still fall short of getting ME in JU :( And waiting for 2ns/3rd COunselling might do more bad than good :( Try other colleges like SHibpur as suggested ... What about IIT/AIEEE ? Surely your ranks was good there as well ?

Top Bottom