WBJEE Counselling Help!!!!!!!

MatchBoxx

the m0nk who sold his PC!
any1 here have experience about WBJEE counselling??? how is it conducted? please guide me....wbjee ranks would be announced soon.....i want to remain prepared to get CSE or ECE!!!!! Please reply soon guys!!!! as a backup i have appeared for JEXPO :p and also have applied for Physics(honours) and Computer Science(honours) in major colleges.

mitraark

Decrepit
Some good colleges for studying ECE / CSE / IT [ Demand of subjects are usually in that order , i.e., ECE is in most demand ] through WBJEE.

IEM
IIIT [ Also known as WBUT i think ]
Heritage

OP
MatchBoxx

MatchBoxx

I know about the colleges, but what i'm asking is, how is the counselling conducted actually?

soumo27

→|Requiescat| |in| |Pace|
hhm I also need the information.. :-( Results will be on 15th I guess... :-(

I dont expect a good rank, at all... :-(

any1 here have experience about WBJEE counselling??? how is it conducted? please guide me....wbjee ranks would be announced soon.....i want to remain prepared to get CSE or ECE!!!!! Please reply soon guys!!!! as a backup i have appeared for JEXPO :p and also have applied for Physics(honours) and Computer Science(honours) in major colleges.

JEXPO is polytechnic right? And in which colleges did u apply for hons..? ;-)

OP
MatchBoxx

MatchBoxx

Yeessssh! Jexpo is polytechnic entrance exam...i've applied to St. Xaviers, Scottish Church, Asutosh, Dinobondhu Andrews

and JU

OP
MatchBoxx

MatchBoxx

Presidency exam would be out of bounds for me...i have been detached from books for months!

tkin

Back to school!!
You have to go to the venue(science city at my time), they call about 50-100 students at a time inside, make sure to listen properly to the callings, if your turn gets up, you are done for, go inside the venue, and keep copies of mark sheet, birth certificate in hand, give them when asked for, go to stage, take a seat in front of computer, when the guy in front of you asks, tell your choice, confirm and its done, now you just need to contact the people in college booths.

soumo27

^^Thanks buddy.. And do they give specific dates according to ur ranks, about when to come? Or we have to go there everyday? :shock:

tkin

Back to school!!
^^Thanks buddy.. And do they give specific dates according to ur ranks, about when to come? Or we have to go there everyday? :shock:
Yes, specific dates for a range of ranks, I believe in my time it was 2000 per day, you can keep an eye on the free seats in the wbjee website and make your choice before you go there, also closely study the closing ranks of last year, they give an approximate idea of what to expect.

soumo27

^^So they"ll be updating the seats count in their website daily after counselling...right? That seems to be a good way to choose colleges & the subjects I want.. :)

tkin

Back to school!!
^^So they"ll be updating the seats count in their website daily after counselling...right? That seems to be a good way to choose colleges & the subjects I want.. :)
Yes, they update it every few hours, you can get an idea of seats from there, also at the venue they set up LCDs that also show seat status.

OP
MatchBoxx

MatchBoxx

My rank came 37841. My life is messed up! The only info i'm getting from West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board is of the academic session 2009-10 in a "Matrix of opening and closing rank" pdf format, available at the website.

Central Selection Committee is online with current details! including previous year stats!

tkin

Back to school!!
My rank came 37841. My life is messed up! The only info i'm getting from West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board is of the academic session 2009-10 in a "Matrix of opening and closing rank" pdf format, available at the website.

Central Selection Committee is online with current details! including previous year stats!
Don't lose hope, go for 3rd counseling. Some of my friends(albeit with ranks around 25-28k) got into my college in 3rd counseling.

tkin

Back to school!!
please check the links i've posted and HELP me! That ****ing Chemisty just ruined my life!
No sweat bro, it ruined my life as well :p, now the choice is yours, do you want to wait for 3rd counseling? If so wait, another list will come out with the remaining seats after 1st and 2nd are done, looks like your options are very limited, camelia comes in mind, but that college gets almost no campusing, so if you are aiming for job through campusing that might no be a good idea

OP
MatchBoxx

MatchBoxx

No sweat bro, it ruined my life as well :p, now the choice is yours, do you want to wait for 3rd counseling? If so wait, another list will come out with the remaining seats after 1st and 2nd are done, looks like your options are very limited, camelia comes in mind, but that college gets almost no campusing, so if you are aiming for job through campusing that might no be a good idea

can i get decent colleges in 2nd counselling? :'(

Top Bottom