Ways to clean a scratched disk ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Can you guys suggest me some methods to clean scratched disc ? I have tried to clean 3 different discs with 3 different methods (the Dettol/Savlon method, the toothpaste method and the simple mineral water method) and the last one kinda works... the others just ****ed up my disc more :D.

Any more quick and cheap methods to clean a disk ?

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
@DJ: Ewwwww... Keep reminding me to never ever accept any CDs from you. :D

@Psycho: You might want to apply some fevicol carefully on the disc and then peel it off after it dries up. (Credits: Agent001)

sagar.best

Don't mess with me.
wtf DJ you used the most insane way..... there are also easy way like washing with water and cleaning it with nice cloth... lol

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Take a dry clean cloth.
Spray ur deo on it (on the cloth not disc)
Then wipe the disc in a circular motion. Start from inner part and then gradually go to edges.

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
wtf DJ you used the most insane way..... there are also easy way like washing with water and cleaning it with nice cloth... lol

The OP has already used "washing with water" method and cleaning with nice cloth, yup I do it after spreading the saliva all over...:-D

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Take a dry clean cloth.
Spray ur deo on it (on the cloth not disc)
Then wipe the disc in a circular motion. Start from inner part and then gradually go to edges.
Wiping in circular motion is not recomended. :)

chicha

High without substance...
i read that cleaning in circular motion will further fu!@ up the disk. my friend tells me and (does it him self) to put the disk in water and freeze it. i never heard him saying it works. :D
the problem with after shave and products like that is these will leave smudge on the disks which will render the disk usless. the disk always has to be shinny.
the best way to avoid all the trouble is to keep them safe and NOT to burn them at their full speed (which i heard reduces the life)

for me some times plan water works. but not always.

OP
Psychosocial

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Well I tried the deo method and wiped the disc from inside towards the edges (coz I think that circular wiping will mess up the disk more) and it kinda worked!

sagar.best

Don't mess with me.
wow some clean with deo and some with saliva so it's seems all are just adopting their way..... isiliye kahte sab jugaad se chal raha hai ......yar market me 1 spray aata hai cd clean karne wala..... na ki saliva n all se eewwwwhh...

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
^ Do u know why Deo or After Shave like things used to wipe CDs?
And do u know what does the CD clean agent contains which u r talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom