Wave-2 or Samsung Ace ?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
used uncles c7 & it looks really really slow against my modded optimus one. switching screen is visibly slow. UI is good but then the slow response time may spoil everything.

ujjwal321

Journeyman
having used both original wave and symbian 3 device.. I would rather chose symbian 3..
there is no doubt that wave is a very good phone... but BADA is too basic.. IT IS NOT A SMARTPHONE... there is not even a good messanger app.. in terms of usability BADA is definetely easier than symbian 3.. but symbian being many years old has more features and it a good smartphone.. ;

Soumik

Padawan
Seriously... OP doenst need app and doesnt bother abt OS. As per usability, Bada is the OS version of Touchwiz... all childish big images, simple setting. Its far far more easy to use than any Symbian 3 device. I have used C7 and, though its a wonderful phone with great display and camera, the UI is far too cluttered, difficult to get at first go, and certainly slower than Wave II.
And unless u want an android device with the facility of loads of apps and all, dont go for it. As a device, Wave has a faster chipset, stronger body, and better battery life than SGSL. Its lower memory, but unless u load it with lots of apps, u wont notice it. Plus, there wont be any updates for SGSL, Wave II will get the Bada 2.0 update, which is supposed to fix the app problem as well. Samsung App store is growing at a slow rate with relevant apps, but thats not a concern for OP.

OP
B

brijeshtr

Broken In
@AcceleratorX... thanks... if there is such a limit on the device then probably it can be readjusted using some app.. if such an app is not there now, it might become available in future... as many would have such a reqm

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
BADA is for dumb phones... it is a Samsung's replacement for Symbian and Homebrew on dumb phones... I just cannot understand how anyone can spend 15k on a dumb phone...

andro

Broken In
^^^Because everyone is not the same person running for apps.Some people like it to keep simple.As far as a 'phone' is concerned nothing is wrong with Bada although as a smartphone it lacks.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
we are not talking about apps. but about the strange stupid restrictions that Samsung's dev team has implemented into Bada. ok, Android also got some restrictions & faults but there are workarounds. BADA doesn't have those. you are stuck at whatever is provided in the OS.

andro

Broken In
Apple restricts it users the most,some damn stupid ones like BT transfer,still its the best seller.It solely depends on the owner's use,what he want from his device.

Top Bottom