Watercooling or air cooling??

Status
Not open for further replies.

aryan.838

Broken In
Guys i just got a core i7 920 rig with intel DX58SO board, the temps of my CPU on stock cooling idle at 57-58 and can go as high as 72C when playing games.............chassis is CM690.....i can spend upto Rs 5k on CPU cooling........which will give better results water cooling or air cooling.......ambient temp of my room is 38-40C(in summers)..
For air cooling i am looking on Thermalright TRUE black or CM V8
For water cooling i will custom build it myself........suggest I also OC.

icebags

Technomancer
water cooling obviously performs better than air cooling, but u may not get vga cooling at the same package or a package with both vga and cpu cooling gonna cost more.

but liquid cooling sometimes makes leakages, therefore u should better look for a ready made package with non conductive liquid in it. :)

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Water cooling will be better, but costs a bomb. You will need to import the kit, to the tune of ~13K. How you plan to make one your self.

icebags

Technomancer
Water cooling will be better, but costs a bomb. You will need to import the kit, to the tune of ~13K. How you plan to make one your self.

i asked a shop here in kolkata today , they selling cpu only readymade liquid cooling pack @ ~5.5k :smile:
probably the brand was cooler master or so, i forgot .. caz it doesnt have vga cooling and wayy out of my budget. :p

Piyush

Lanaya
^^ what u doing

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

Guys i just got a core i7 920 rig with intel DX58SO board, the temps of my CPU on stock cooling idle at 57-58 and can go as high as 72C when playing games.............chassis is CM690.....i can spend upto Rs 5k on CPU cooling........which will give better results water cooling or air cooling.......ambient temp of my room is 38-40C(in summers)..
For air cooling i am looking on Thermalright TRUE black or CM V8
For water cooling i will custom build it myself........suggest I also OC.
just want to ask u how many fans are already placed inside ur cabby?
and at what positions?

icebags

Technomancer
^^
5.5K. If possible could you ask what all they have in the 'pack'. Interesting.

its this thing : a corsair hydro probably H50.... (in md computers Kolkata)
see the details, click pic : :oops:

*legitreviews.com/images/reviews/1025/corsair_h50_system.jpg
a similar product is coolermaster aquagate..... i did nt see that thing though.

Last edited:
OP
A

aryan.838

Broken In
I will get a water block for CPU from Thermalright from primeabgb.com.
Attach pipes to it and my reservoir will outside chassis, pump inside, will get a radiator from a local refrigeration shop or will get it in some car garage or will get it custom made from the refridgeration shop(yes they do it!!), connect everything in loop, put 120mm fan on radiator coils and one thing extra I will keep water dripping over the coils(you know water has a high latent heat of vaporisation so it will absorb more heat from coils). That can be easily done by using a tube sealing it from one end, make holes in it in logitudinal direction using incense sticks at equal intervals 7-8 would be sufficient, eveyjoint waxed and sealed, tested and then finally tada you your own watercooling kit!! and it will definately cost you much less than 13k.........

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Attach pipes to it and my reservoir will outside chassis, pump inside, will get a radiator from a local refrigeration shop or will get it in some car garage or will get it custom made from the refridgeration shop(yes they do it!!), connect everything in loop, put 120mm fan on radiator coils and one thing extra I will keep water dripping over the coils(you know water has a high latent heat of vaporisation so it will absorb more heat from coils). That can be easily done by using a tube sealing it from one end, make holes in it in logitudinal direction using incense sticks at equal intervals 7-8 would be sufficient, eveyjoint waxed and sealed, tested and then finally tada you your own watercooling kit!! and it will definately cost you much less than 13k.........

well, look like u done some pretty good research work on water cooling a pc :razz:

anyway u using a Cooler Master PSU. is it the Silent Pro or the Xtreme Power?

Last edited:

icebags

Technomancer

whatever u do, just keep water away from the water cooling thing..... or leakage/vapor/moisture gonna kill ur system. try to get the non conductive liquid instead....:x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom