Warning: Don’t Download Software From SourceForge If You Can Help It

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
that is why i have saved the direct download links of flash players & use those only to get latest versions,never even visiting the adobe site.they change it every 5-6 months or so but it is just a 2 min google search in 6 months duration so no big deal.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
guys this explains why my laptop suddenly shows so many ads in search etc
Ive been trying to remove it but there arent any traces that i can delete
even if i do,it just comes back
the adware bundled is tremendous-something and ready coupon
pls help

sourceforge should be banned for this bs

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I have seen at my work place that how these ads (adwares) are such a big source for $$$. All big corporations to major ISPs in US are involved in this.

You might need to tinker a lot for removing some specific ads. Malware bytes is indeed best easily available solution, but it hardly covers 70-80% of the adware threats.

Just keep your eye open before clicking or downloading anything, and no crap will be invited.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
use malwarebytes antimalware free version to remove adware/malware.

have tried that
have tried adwcleaner too
they all detected the 1st time and deleted
sometimes randomly chrome extensions pop up
but even after delete ,reset etc,its still present :(

- - - Updated - - -

I have seen at my work place that how these ads (adwares) are such a big source for $$$. All big corporations to major ISPs in US are involved in this.

You might need to tinker a lot for removing some specific ads. Malware bytes is indeed best easily available solution, but it hardly covers 70-80% of the adware threats.

Just keep your eye open before clicking or downloading anything, and no crap will be invited.

thanks
I downloaded gimp wayy before this scam was exposed
im always extra careful

Mayank_1

Right off the assembly line
Java isn't far behind. Oracle bundles the awful Ask toolbar with each of their installations/updates. Actually it can be said that Flash and Java are in themselves bloatwares, most sites will function without them and they are no better than a walking vulnerability.

Top Bottom