Warner may Go Blu-Ray Xclusive at CES !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
Wow !!! If this rumor becomes tru, then we might look forward to having Blu-Ray as the winner at our hands.. BUT.... if Warner goes HD-DVD xclusive then the media wars will most likely form a stale-mate sort of thing.

Only if the rumor comes tru, the HD media market has a chance to stabilize and we might be using Blu-Ray readers/burners cheap within a year or so. :)

Another day, another format war rumor. Business Week has a lengthy writeup on the possibility of lone dual-format holdout Warner Brothers switching to Blu-ray exclusively, and how it could affect the outcome of the long-running feud between high-definition disc formats HD DVD and Blu-ray. The rumor gets its seed from vice-chairman of Lionsgate Michael Burns, who claims that Warner will be turning blue soon. With Warner on their side, the Blu-ray studios would hold a 70% market share for the DVD market. Of course, if Warner shifts red, then the studio market will again be split into two equal halves, and consumers are left to wait and see if one format can outsell, outspend, or outlast the other until only one format remains. The stakes are so high that top execs from both camps are banging down Warner's door with personal meetings -- and possibly even truckloads of cash -- to get Warner to turn to their side. One thing you can be sure of is that Warner is going to be keeping an extra close eye on the dual-format release of Harry Potter next week for guidance.

Original Article

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
This might be the real turning point in the war...who knows this may even go for another century..
P.s i prefer blu-ray coz its my fav color :-D

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
I prefer HD-DVD coz it's cheap and it's not SONY .

SONY has an itch of creating propreitary "expensive" media even when other cheaper , better alternatives are available e.g. memory stick

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
^^blu-ray technology is superior,way better than lame HD-DVD.

I prefer blu-ray coz it's cheap and it's SONY .

SONY has an itch of creating "inexpensive" media even when other costly , worse alternatives are available e.g. HD-DVD.

blu-ray for the win!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom