Wanted to buy a smartphone (Samsung Galaxy series)

punter

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

I am planning to buy Samsung galaxy series smartphone but confused between Galaxy R and Galaxy S Plus.

I know S2 is a better phone but do not have budget.

Please suggest me in identifying the right phone and how the Andriod phones in general. I am currently a Blackberry user and would be using the new phone for office use (enterprise mails).

Thanks

Come on friends help me out. I am at a dire state and needs to make a call (decision) at the earliest. :?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
S+ have a better screen (Super Amoled) but a single core processor & half a gig of ram. R on the other hand have a normal S-LCD display & really powerful internals. so unless you care about official update (Android 4.0), want to try some heavy games pick any. but most likely S plus won't get Android 4.0 update but it cost more, maybe cause of the screen.

OP
P

punter

Thanks Sam.

But my doubt is whether S-LCD and Super Amoled is going to make much of a difference in real life scenarios ! On paper it is looking as huge but is there a major difference between both the phones ? Flash is going to make a difference but only that I guess.

Moreover, I would be moving from BB so would I be facing any issue or do you suggest to stick with BB only as I am a heavy user of enterprise mails (official). Or there would not be any issue in Galaxy series if I have Lotus Traveller installed in my phone!

Thanks man.

PurusH

The LeO
Both S+ & SGR costs same, but S+ seems outdated and SGR has better features than S+ (flash, dual core etc) We can say SGR is scaled version of the world's best smart phone SG2.

In your case, when you need good battery backup, S+ last for nearly 2 days with AMOLED display compared to SGR which will last for 1 day with SLCD. But I recommend you to go for SGR which is future proof phone with officical ICS update coming in March.

andro

Broken In
Take the galaxy R....you wont feel the difference until placed next to an AMOLED or superAMLD screen.After sumtym you will even forget the difference but once u vl b upgraded to ICS on the R you vl remember it for a long tym.

OP
P

punter

galaxy R +1

I will surely consider your advice Abhidev.

Both S+ & SGR costs same, but S+ seems outdated and SGR has better features than S+ (flash, dual core etc) We can say SGR is scaled version of the world's best smart phone SG2.

In your case, when you need good battery backup, S+ last for nearly 2 days with AMOLED display compared to SGR which will last for 1 day with SLCD. But I recommend you to go for SGR which is future proof phone with officical ICS update coming in March.

Puru, You are right and I am also thinking the same. However, I do not know whether S+ is an outdated model or not but I liked it because of the amoled screen and almost discarded when realised that it does not have a flash.

Go for Galaxy R

Thanks Anant. I will consider your advice.

Take the galaxy R....you wont feel the difference until placed next to an AMOLED or superAMLD screen.After sumtym you will even forget the difference but once u vl b upgraded to ICS on the R you vl remember it for a long tym.

Thanks Andro. You are right we cannot make a difference unless compare in flesh with other high end models.

=> For All,

Would I be facing any issue while typing mails or messages ? As I have not used a touch phone so far ? How good is the usability of touch phones ? I am not buying this phone primarily for the fun factor but yes paying some consideration to it.

Please suggest.

Thanks

Note for MOD: For how long do I have to write some capital name or some calculations :evil:. It is kinda weird when the screen says. Wrong Answer. Come on man, we are not in school anymore. But yeah, general knowledge is going add some value but give it to those who wants it.

Please have a look at it and do something if possible. Just a request. Thanks

aroraanant

Explorer
Would I be facing any issue while typing mails or messages ? As I have not used a touch phone so far ? How good is the usability of touch phones ? I am not buying this phone primarily for the fun factor but yes paying some consideration to it.

You will get used to it.I don't think you will face any problem

ujjwal321

Journeyman
SAMOLED looks gorgeous.. but if u chose galaxy s plus u will be losing out on a dual core beast which will make the phone much smoother and powerful.. also galaxy r will get ICS.. also galaxy R has a bigger screen..

sukant

Fragholic
If you have large fingers you will need to learn a good technique to type soon , no one can beat the comfortability of the qwerty keypads but none the less typing on touchscreen is fun and not much irritating unless you start hitting wrng keys regularly.

ofabhishek

║ Green World ║
@ OP

Go for Galaxy R

it'll be a bit difficult to type correctly on a touchscreen for the first few days but after that u'll gain considerably higher speed and accuracy of typing.....

PurusH

The LeO
=> For All,

Please suggest.

Typing is a breeze on SGS2, SGR or S+ While typing on Portait mode is easy as it has big display and if you turn to landscape, it is still comfortable. The phone has capacitive touch & slight touch from fingure is enough, you cannot use pen or stylus for capacitive touch screen. It has samsung's Touchwiz which has features for panning and tilt, makes use of the accelerometer and gyroscope in the phone to detect motion.
My earlier Samsung star was tough to type & was pressing hard.

S

siddhipatel

If you want to compare Samsung Galaxy R and Samsung Galaxy S Plus then gsmarena is the website from where you can get full specifications and features of all the mobiles.

Go through it once and decide which suits you the best.

PurusH

The LeO
Yes, if you want to find specifications, images for any phone, gsmarena is the best, you can compare phones, read reviews and see comments by users in below for each phone.

ARLINEabf

Please go through once gsmarena website, it shows very good comparison about all the phones with respected model.

Top Bottom