Wanted:: C.h.e.a.p.e.s.t. Desktop configuration (only CPU)

sude

Tech'ing life seriously!!
Hi Guys,
Can you please let me know the cheapest desktop configuration (Only CPU).

My 7 years old system blew recently and i plan to repair and sell it off. And i do not desire to upgrade my system to something HiFi (though i wish :( ). due to personal reasons.

So can you please let me know what would be the cheapest confi. I am from Bangalore.

My usage is primarily for Net Browsing, Word Excel etc, a little bit of audio and video editing. Thats it. Though i am not a game freak (i dont get the time), but a little bit of Old games like NFS Porsche type is welcomed.

Please note NO Atom processors plz...

recently i bought a 500GB WD HDD, so u can ignore the HDD.

My budget is strictly around 8 thousands or less.

Thanks_SUDE

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's really a tough call !

AMD Athlon Ii X2 2xx - get the cheapest one you can get around 2.8k
Gigabyte 740G DDR2 mobo @ 2.6k
1 GB DDR2 Ram @ 1k
Zebronics Bijli cabby @ 1.6k with PSU

Piyush

Lanaya
^^thats good config under 8k

@OP
does ur 8k includes the money u'll recieve after selling ur old pc?

pegasus

Journeyman
Sempron 140/145 - 1.8K approx (single core but cheap, fast, low TDP)
ASUS M4A78LT-M LE - 2.9K approx iirc ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
(Socket AM3, HyperTransport 3.0, 760G chipset, Integrated ATI Radeon 3000 graphics, DVI port for LCD monitor, EPU for power saving, 6x SATA ports, ...)
2GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM- 1.7K approx for Kingston
Zebronics cabinet with PSU - 1.6K approx
Total - 8K approx

OP
sude

sude

Tech'ing life seriously!!
^^thats good config under 8k

@OP
does ur 8k includes the money u'll recieve after selling ur old pc?

Thanks guys for your suggestions. keep them rolling in...

Well Piyush, i am guessing i will be getting around 2k from my old system. and the 8k includes this 2k...
B t w Pitush, whats the full form of OP??

Regards_SUDE

Last edited:

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
AMD athlon ii x2 240 @ 2.8k
Gigabyte 740G @ 2.7k
1 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1.1k
Zebronics Bijli + PSU @ 1.3k
Total:7.9k

btw Pegasus the price of RAM is for Dynet/Hynix not Kingston. Kingston costs 2k.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ sude - So it's 10k now - the more the merrier :p

BTW, giving you some combos :

AMD athlon II 2xx Series 2.8k ( 240/245 ) or x3 4xx @ 3.5k ( 430/435/440 ) **

Gigabyte GA-MA74GMT-S2 @ 2.8k ( supports ACC so you may be able to unlock the cpu ina quad core for free )

1 Gb DDR3 Mem 1.1k

Zebronics Bijli with PSU @ 1.6k or @ 1.1k ( without PSU ) **

FSP Saga 350W @ 1.5k **

Total : 8.3k or 10k = Mission Accomplished.

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
@Cybertronic

Accusations to anyone will not be allowed. Take what a member suggests as his personal choice.

pegasus

Journeyman
The reason i suggested that motherboard is that it's a very low cost motherboard that has HT3.0, 760G chipset, etc and seems very VFM imho
Anything lower priced is not HT3.0 iirc
Also, no matterhow tight a budget, DDR2 doesn't seem practical if buying a new pc now.
And i posted it only as an option- choice is buyer's

I noticed others (no names w/o permission) post Kingston price as 1.65K and found the same price on deltapage since past few weeks (looks even lower now? :S)
*www.deltapage.com/list/index.html
I know price varies from place to place and hence mentioned as 1.7K approx to be cautious.
Also, Corsair RAM was listed at 1.85K on primeabgb site iirc and is usually a bit pricier than Transcend/Kingston plus Mumbai prices are usually highest or at least amongst the highest.
Corsair
So the Kingston RAM price looked very much possible.
i usually suggest (prefer) Corsair but suggested Kingston due to tight budget
I am sorry for any confusion due to the same.

ssb1551

Technomancer
@ topgear - The Budget is still 8k!This is wat d OP said n I quote him "the 8k includes this 2k..."..

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ topgear - The Budget is still 8k!This is wat d OP said n I quote him "the 8k includes this 2k..."..

opps - missed that - thanks for pointing it out but the post will remain there as that would be a great buy for 10k.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
^ nothing like that. Even for 8k he aint getting a bad deal. And if browsing internet and watching a few movies is what he does, then it's not bad config at all. 740/760G cipsets will be able to play old games and that's what he is interested in. Later on if he has the budget he can always get a better rig. People these days find use for a second rig (for downloading, playing music etc. or for just experimenting with networking features). So he might not regret it all.
Still I would suggest that if the op plans to upgrade in a year or so, he may save some money by buying sempron.

And ayush chand, I don't think that's a good way to advertise your blog. Put it in your signature if you want to. Don't disturb the post.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ur 1st config will do too!!

yep, that one is based on DDr2 and the second one is based on DDr3 ram.

BTW, another good mobo to go with first config is Biostar 780L with ACC support ( Based on 760G chipset ) @ 2.2k only plus you will get a pen free with the box but it supports only DDr2 mem.

but by buying this mobo you can save 600 bucks and you will be able to get a tri core Athlon II X3 4xx cpu and you have the potential to unlock it into a quad core

Top Bottom