Want to split video which I have recorded using TV Tuner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zegulas

Traceur
Hi, I want to split the video that I have recorded using my TV Tuner card,
the video is in .mpg format and 11.2 GB.
Please tell me which is the best and easiest software to do this.
And also tell me if it was in any of the Digit DVDs or CDs.
Thanx in advance. :p

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
11.2GB :shock:
Dude you must have switched the recording to MPEG2 mode which apparently means you have got in DVD format.Hence in order to reduce the Size and quality better turn the recording mode to VCD quality.As for the File that you have got better try TmpgEnc to encode the video to .mpg format and then split it Via VCD Cutter.

go4saket

There are various softwares available for this. Incase if you just want add effects, try either Windows Movie Maker 2 or Pinnacle Studio 10...

For splitting, incase if you have the file in MPEG1 format, go for VCD Cutter. Its the simplest...

OP
zegulas

zegulas

Traceur
Yes I have purposely recorded in PAL DVD format and its .mpg, so tell me which is better software?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
go4saket said:
.mpg means it is MPEG1... In that case, go for VCD Cutter...
No Siree.Have a close look at a MPEG-2 based ripped file from a TV Tuner card and you'll find the Extension it bear's is of the same name i.e .mpg which would leave most of us thinking it's the usual MPEG-1 extension.But if you Observe it under a Codec verifier like Gspot then you'll clearly learn that the same extension breeds a DVD based MPEG-2 format as well.

@Zegulas:Try Tmpgenc for with the Mpeg 2 Mod to convert these videos into the VCD format to reduce the size as well as some amount of quality Or You can also try using Virtual Dub to convert the same into an .avi file with a better compression.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
TmpgEnc has an internal option of splitting the source file too.There's an option called Source Range which when selected gives you the option to cut and convert only a selective portion on the Video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom