Want to learn python

Deadman

Journeyman
Ther are several tutorials on net but as i am from mechanical branch it is completely new for me especially the terms.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
*www.python.org/about/gettingstarted/

Welcome - Learn Python - Free Interactive Python Tutorial

Everything is tough when you start learning something new. Try these. Learning to code is just like maths, once you know what you have to do, you'll find the answer eventually.

Last edited:

ankush28

Bazinga
You all forgot *www.edx.org/course/introduction-computer-science-mitx-6-00-1x-0

- - - Updated - - -

PS - I joined this course and enjoyed it so far. IMO its best way to learn python. 2nd choice would be Learn Python The Hard Way

- - - Updated - - -

PS - I joined this course and enjoyed it so far. IMO its best way to learn python. 2nd choice would be Learn Python The Hard Way

Thanks for the link. I was looking for something similar.

OP
D

Deadman

Journeyman

- - - Updated - - -

I think its paid better i go for free alternatives as i can spend max 2 hrs daily.

ankush28

Bazinga
^^ Its free... Only verified certificate costs money. Honor code certificate is FREE.

It takes 12 hours a week : 2hr/day = 14/week :p

BTW If you want to go at your pace - Introduction to Computer Science and Programming | Electrical Engineering and Computer Science | MIT OpenCourseWare

practically both are same.

archananair

Broken In
*www.python.org/about/gettingstarted/

Welcome - Learn Python - Free Interactive Python Tutorial

Everything is tough when you start learning something new. Try these. Learning to code is just like maths, once you know what you have to do, you'll find the answer eventually.

Agree with you initially everything feel difficult but if are willing to do it you find your way to know things easily.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
If you are from a non Computer Science background, you also might want to learn Boolean Logic, [strike]Algorithms and Data Structures[/strike] along with Python programming.

- - - Updated - - -

>Feels ashamed after seeing OP date.

Last edited:
OP
D

Deadman

Journeyman
I am a mechanical graduate but wish to have a career in programming.

Last edited by a moderator:

Caltrop

Right off the assembly line
Hello,
I have tried various web tutors for learning the language PYTHON.You must keep in mind that the majority of web tutors available on the net gives one tutorials over the PYTHON 2.7.1 and not 3.5.1. So if you want to learn PYTHON 3.5.1, I believe that books and websites would be a better bet. But if you prefer to learn 2.7.1 then I believe Khan academy and Udacity would be excellent sites to learn, Codecademy is another good option but I prefer Udacity as it has great video tutorials and goes on an easy to understand pace.

I have tried all of them and I believe Udacity would be a good option.

If you want practice and want to enter competitions, CodeChef is very helpful.

Yours Truly,
Caltrop

Top Bottom