Want to get a new BSNL broadband connection, but knows NOTHING !!!

OP
rickenjus

rickenjus

In the zone
[MENTION=127004]amjath[/MENTION] - BSNL people came today, and checked whole setup, they also gave a single line from the box without any joint no loops or anything, and SNR value reached 18-20 but after sometime it dipped and now snr is not getting past 10-12 and disconnection is occurring in every 5 mins or so... plus attenuation is still soaring high above 50. I think problem is with the underground cable. :-(
[MENTION=228377]little[/MENTION] - yes it is w8968.

amjath

Human Spambot
[MENTION=127004]amjath[/MENTION] - BSNL people came today, and checked whole setup, they also gave a single line from the box without any joint no loops or anything, and SNR value reached 18-20 but after sometime it dipped and now snr is not getting past 10-12 and disconnection is occurring in every 5 mins or so... plus attenuation is still soaring high above 50. I think problem is with the underground cable. :-(
[MENTION=228377]little[/MENTION] - yes it is w8968.
Is ur line is directly connected to modem or using a splitter? If it is connected via splitter connect directly and check

amjath

Human Spambot
I had quite a similar problem where I get poor snr after 5.30pm and had to restart modem manually to get fixed and in one hour same routine. But it got fixed automatically, i did nothing they did nothing.

hope [MENTION=126812]whitestar_999[/MENTION] will help you on thsi issue

OP
rickenjus

rickenjus

In the zone
one more thing, is disconnection only caused by low SNR or higher attenuation can also cause disconnection or it just slows down connection speed... ????
btw I'm getting quite good speed, on 512kbps plan most of the time above 480kbps..

I think I am also suffering from this time based connection issue. As since yesterday night till one hour back(1:30) disconnection occurred only twice, and most of the time the connection was rock solid.

[MENTION=126812]whitestar_999[/MENTION] - where are you bro.. ??

amjath

Human Spambot
one more thing, is disconnection only caused by low SNR or higher attenuation can also cause disconnection or it just slows down connection speed... ????
btw I'm getting quite good speed, on 512kbps plan most of the time above 480kbps..

I think I am also suffering from this time based connection issue. As since yesterday night till one hour back(1:30) disconnection occurred only twice, and most of the time the connection was rock solid.

[MENTION=126812]whitestar_999[/MENTION] - where are you bro.. ??

connection will get stable automatically!!!

OP
rickenjus

rickenjus

In the zone
[MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION]- give bsnl office a visit .. !!

btw I didn't even called them once for setting up landline and broadband just filled up online form, and they were quick, and it was all hassle free. But all in vain, next minute after all was setup, this disconnection issue has started giving me headache.. !!!

OP
rickenjus

rickenjus

In the zone
Even here BSNL ppl are nice, they talk nicely and listen .. I called them day before yesterday, they sent their man within an hour, he troubleshooted for three hours straight, changed my whole line and did other stuff, and then atlast said they may have to consider changing underground cable, hope they stick to it, as I think its where fault lies with my connection.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
[MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION]- give bsnl office a visit .. !!

btw I didn't even called them once for setting up landline and broadband just filled up online form, and they were quick, and it was all hassle free. But all in vain, next minute after all was setup, this disconnection issue has started giving me headache.. !!!

my neighbour got bsnl cnnection in a week, it depends on offices/exchange bro. My locality BSNL exchange is best [yeah best and bsnl are rare]

went to the local exchange, they are short on manpower and connection wires :deadbored: for over a month.

OP
rickenjus

rickenjus

In the zone
well finally my connection is stable now,BSNL guys changed my cable pair. Although SNR is still low, today it is sitting at 15.5 but it is consistence and attenuation is high above 52 all the time. Didn't face a any disconnection since last 3 days.!!!

went to the local exchange, they are short on manpower and connection wires :deadbored: for over a month.
Serisouly these ppl need to move up their lazy ass, nag them persistently by call and visit. Maybe be will do something then instead of making excuses..

Top Bottom