Want to get a new BSNL broadband connection, but knows NOTHING !!!

rickenjus

In the zone
Sorry guys I didn't post on general query thread because I have lots of queries, none of my friend ever had broadband connection neither me, so some ultra noob queries here. :-D

Please help me with the following -

1. Do I have to take a landline connection first or I should just fill online broadband application form, and they will process all the requirements.. ? (note: I don't have a landline connection)

2. Can I have broadband cable connection without getting landline ?

3. Should I purchase a router first or use one they supply. ? (note: I want to have a wifi router, I will be connecting atleast 2 android phones)

4. Any thing else I should know before getting connection ?

I am thinking of checking 545 plan for first month and then upgrading to 800 uld. Is upgrading a hassle free process???

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
Where do you live??
BSNL is the one you must see for in case there are no others, because their speed is horrible...

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
for bsnl broadband connection telephone line is must.if one already has a telephone line then broadband can be activated in a few days,if not then it can take from a week to a month(or two) depending upon where you live & whether you know someone in bsnl office/local exchange.better get tplink w8968 v2 from snapdeal for ~2.1k as it is the best adsl wifi router for its price.i think the application form should be same to take care of both broadband & getting new line but do visit your local exchange in person(& preferably with someone who knows someone there) to get it done faster as getting new line depends completely on local exchange people.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
1. Do I have to take a landline connection first or I should just fill online broadband application form, and they will process all the requirements.. ? (note: I don't have a landline connection)

2. Can I have broadband cable connection without getting landline ?

3. Should I purchase a router first or use one they supply. ? (note: I want to have a wifi router, I will be connecting atleast 2 android phones)

4. Any thing else I should know before getting connection ?

I am thinking of checking 545 plan for first month and then upgrading to 800 uld. Is upgrading a hassle free process???

1. Yes
2. NO
3. Yes, get TP-link W8968 from snapdeal as suggested above.
4. don't apply online through udaan. they take much time. I applied on 5th june and still haven't got my connection. :(

OP
rickenjus

rickenjus

In the zone
[MENTION=119733]Chaitanya[/MENTION] - here in nasik there's no isp but bsnl.

[MENTION=126812]whitestar_999[/MENTION] & [MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION] .. thanks guys... ya I am thinking of visiting office day after tomorrow... lets c how much time they time.

One more doubt, how much will I have to pay rental for landline, If I don't use it. ??

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
there is no separate rental for landline.most likely they will recommend & you too will agree to get combo unlimited plans for which there is no separate phone plan charge.for details check bsnl site.

OP
rickenjus

rickenjus

In the zone
[MENTION=126812]whitestar_999[/MENTION] - View attachment 14518 actually I am taking landline only for broadband, I don't intend to use it at all. Isn't there any way I can escape landline monthly rental..

And seriously all these plans are confusing.

[MENTION=119733]Chaitanya[/MENTION] - much do you pay at the end of the month, plz write in detail??

nikku_hot123

In the zone
Bsnl is pathetic. I tried getting Landline but they told line is broken and is not possible to repair (and my five hundred is almost gone coz for the refund I have to give my 2-3 days) now I opted for wimax connection and for that bsnl has hired private franchises for instalation and installation charges varies from 1000 ~2000. Looters. So if alternative is there, stay away from bsnl.

OP
rickenjus

rickenjus

In the zone
[MENTION=126812]whitestar_999[/MENTION] [MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION] -

1. guys I went through around 10 shops, none of them had TP-link W8968.
all of them were convincing me to purchase a iball or intex router. one said that he can provide me one @ 1850 but if any problem occur I have to parcel it directly to the tplink guys. !! They told me that tplink don't have a service center here in nashik. So will it be a better decision to go with iball or intex or I still should look for tplink. ??

2. In snapdeal many ppl complained about its range. I want it to have signal coverage in a 3bk house, will it suffice that???

3. what about these two router.

*s27.postimg.org/t47pg9a5f/IMG_20140627_150351101.jpg
*s27.postimg.org/e4areo3vn/IMG_20140627_150356452.jpg

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
^ local shop guys will never sell something which has lesser profit. As for the signal problem, i'm unable to confirm because i haven't got my connection yet :mad: damn bsnl

rj27

Net Addict
I avoid suggest to avoid these intex/iball stuff. Rather lookout for the Dlink 2750u which is the most popular router among Bsnl users. Should be available with the local shops for sure.

akish4u

Right off the assembly line
I bought TP-link W8968 from flipkart for 1799/- last week.
Received version 3 product with manufacture date of may 2014.
Awesome functioning.The product comes with 3 years warranty.

I think except cellphones all other hardware related products like harddisks,headphones etc should be sent to manufacturer for replacement.
I got replacement in the sameway for western digital harddisk and senheiser headset:razz:

OP
rickenjus

rickenjus

In the zone
This is yesterday's stats

*s27.postimg.org/543q773yb/disconnection_problem.png
image free hosting

today did tweaks with wire and changed modulation type to "ADSL_G.dmt" .. stats improved a little..

*s22.postimg.org/am12d04ip/disconnection_problem2.png
image search

Last edited:
OP
rickenjus

rickenjus

In the zone
yes....

ACutally there is a joint and few twist in the wire, I wonder that may be causing SNR value to dip so low.. ???!!!

amjath

Human Spambot
if there is a joint use a insulation tape, during rainy season its gets rusty and causes issues. BSNL people wont do it

little

Journeyman
yeah, check for joints and loose connections. Mine improved significantly after i properly connected joints.

BTW is that a W8968?

Top Bottom