Want To Connect Theatre Speakers To Pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

amodyt

Right off the assembly line
hi...
I Want To Connect Theatre Speakers To Pc, the ones with negative and postive wires & the ratings r 100w.
plz help

shantanu

Technomancer
a good amplifier is well said ,, and before connecting your speakers to PC look out that they are not too old ,, and the amplifier is of a good company so that it not backs the supply to computer and may harm your sound card

..:: Free Radical ::..

The Transcendental
or if you have a spare deck (aka dibba) or music system, get a connector for using the lineout of your soundcard to the microphone/line-in of the deck (not the best way though... lot of harmonic distortions esp. if you use bad quality connectors)
Some new music systems (Sony/aiwa) have spdif as well as USB connectivity (gr8 quality).

btw, 100W RMS or PMPO?
If PMPO, dump them and get better speakers for your computer instead of all the hassle above :D

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
n2casey said:
^^ I don't think it's 100 W RMS, it will b 100 W PMPO. ;)
he is saying theatre speakers. How can it ever be 100 W PMPO?
It may not be 100W RMS either, but something nearer to it.

n2casey

Super Hero - Super Powers
Lucky_star said:
he is saying theatre speakers. How can it ever be 100 W PMPO?
It may not be 100W RMS either, but something nearer to it.
Just joking yaar!

premsharma

In the zone
I do same connecting my Sony Music system [1500 watt PMPO]. though stereo but I feel it is better than 5.1 of local brands like intex etc

goobimama

 Macboy
Hey Nightmare: I got a GR9000 (3200w PMPO)!!! Touche! Anyway, no one really uses it now that I got them Loggies...

Btw, I heard some 10W PMPO speaker on a radio set. My god I can't turn it up full, it goes that loud....(Maybe they got the whole RMS/PMPO thing the wrong way...)

OP
A

amodyt

Right off the assembly line
thank u frnds 4 ur suggestions.
but i was not able to wait 4 ur posts so what i did is as follows:
i opened my pc speakers, disconnected the wires to the original 4ohms speakers & the connected the ckt to my new 4 ohms speakers.they r sounding excellent compared to earlier pc speakers.
i just want to know is this a safe way to connect these speakers?
plz hlp.

n2casey

Super Hero - Super Powers
amodyt said:
...i just want to know is this a safe way to connect these speakers?....
May b or may b not.
Coz theoretically it's not safe, ur PC speakers ckt may get damaged but practically, one of my friend is using his 330 W PMPO PC speaker ckt with 4 ohm theatre speakers for last 2 yrs & never faced any prob. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom