want to buy a new phone for my wife

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
P

paradisevikas

Jack of all Trades.
dreamcatcher i was expecting u BOSS
as girish.g said symbian uiq is dead (i also saw on gsmarena ) so what are ur comments on tht. and yes one more thing
as u hav gr8 knowledge abt SE phones so can u comment on SE built quality bcoz i hv heard tht SE phone r full of frills but lacks sturdyness

OP
P

paradisevikas

Jack of all Trades.
he is asking too much.

bro,
m not asking for too much , i just hv jotted down my basic needs n given my budget . what i want is my maximum needs gets fulfilled in my budget moreover this cell would be for my wife (so r the special demands). if i was opting a cell for me i wud hv gone wid ne of the winmo they get started wid asus p320(8k aprox) to 35-40k(xperia,touch pro,diamond 2).wid all the features.
M in a confusing state thats y m here to take ur help.
still thanks buddy for making ur part.

Tamoghno

Padawan
bro,
m not asking for too much , i just hv jotted down my basic needs n given my budget . what i want is my maximum needs gets fulfilled in my budget moreover this cell would be for my wife (so r the special demands). if i was opting a cell for me i wud hv gone wid ne of the winmo they get started wid asus p320(8k aprox) to 35-40k(xperia,touch pro,diamond 2).wid all the features.
M in a confusing state thats y m here to take ur help.
still thanks buddy for making ur part.

The biggest problem is that you specifically asked for a smartphone . And 10k is just kinda entry level for smartphones , so finding all those features in entry level phone is hard.

Btw , since you have little child , durability should really be your primary concern.(learnt a lesson when i saw my two year old cousin dragging my beloved 5700 in floor , pretending it to be a toy car ! ) . So go for non touchscreen candybar phone.

I'd say go for e51 . Eseries have best build quality . Check the howardforum.com link i posted earlier. It shows how a e71 almost survived even after run over by cars in the middle of streets.

Ps. You said if it was your phone you would have bought xperia ! Thats 32k . And you're giving your wife only 10k mobile ? I wish your wife see some nokia 8800 ! ;-)

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Se build quality is pretty good. Never had any problems with any of the phones i had. But if you want a smartphone, i wont recommend you n SE(hardly anything to recommend), but if you need a non smartphone, the C510, T700 are just as good. Also you can download the Mediago software specially made for SE phones. You can convert all your videos to the mp4 format optimized for your phone. If you want a wifi enabled non-smartphone you can always go for the W705 that provides unparalleled sound quality.

OP
P

paradisevikas

Jack of all Trades.
The biggest problem is that you specifically asked for a smartphone . And 10k is just kinda entry level for smartphones , so finding all those features in entry level phone is hard.

Btw , since you have little child , durability should really be your primary concern.(learnt a lesson when i saw my two year old cousin dragging my beloved 5700 in floor , pretending it to be a toy car ! ) . So go for non touchscreen candybar phone.

I'd say go for e51 . Eseries have best build quality . Check the howardforum.com link i posted earlier. It shows how a e71 almost survived even after run over by cars in the middle of streets.

Ps. You said if it was your phone you would have bought xperia ! Thats 32k . And you're giving your wife only 10k mobile ? I wish your wife see some nokia 8800 ! ;-)
arre bhai i just hv elaborated the range of winmo which r having all the features technically but they gets hang n r pathetic .
bhai log dnt pull my leg :)
by the way just hv ordered e63 frm ebay for 11.5(seems to be a good deal)

thnx all of you .u ppl r gr8 n so helpful when sm 1 is in need...

hope i hv made gud decision ....
will intimate you when i'll get the new phone

just saw 8800 gold plated on gsmarena
one more question for u boys
which car to gift to my wife budget 4.2lac swift or a ritz??
I already hv 800,accent...

i think thts more sensible thing rather thn nokia 8800.
it will definatly serve her 6-7 years. :) :) :) :) :)

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
which car to gift to my wife budget 4.2lac swift or a ritz??
I already hv 800,accent...
i10 Magna 1.2 is more VFM than Ritz Lxi within 4.2lac...

Here is a link, if you want to compare: *www.carwale.com/research/comparecars/compareFeatures.aspx?car1=1378&car2=1377&car3=1536&car4=1532

Ritz has slightly more boot space. i10 has great average, interiors and build quality. I don't know much about Ritz as it is relatively new.

A-star Zxi has everything for around 4.5lac (on road), but then it has poor boot space and it is very uncomfortable. :|

Last edited:

acewin

Point Blanc
cant say anything for that LOL

E63 is quiet good in specs, just they have put a 2MP camera, not much good IMO could have given a 3MP atleast.

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
forget about astar it sucks. how about the new i20 it looks hella cool. Saw the ritz a few time back and it looks really small.

sujoyp

Grand Master
forget about astar it sucks. how about the new i20 it looks hella cool. Saw the ritz a few time back and it looks really small.

but ritz is as big as swift...with some European look...ritz diesel have max 25 avg...and fully loaded is 5.3lac

actually my dad is getting ritz next month...soo got quotation..and details

i20 is costlier..bigger then ritz.

sujoyp

Grand Master
how much is the irtz for??(basic price)

basic price starts from 3.9 and fully loaded goes upto 5.5 ex-showroom price

prices r here at nagpur....I got information on ritz diesel which is basic price is 4.7 and on road goes to 5.5

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
No use of buying a diesel car if the car will not travel over 1000km in a month, IMO.

i10 or Ritz, go for anyone. But I'll prefer i10.

ritz diesel have max 25 avg..
This is a joke. Ritz Diesel will max have an average of ~20. Swift Diesel has around 19, AFAIK.

Also, Swift Diesel & Ritz Diesel have the same engine. The only difference is that Ritz Diesel is Bharat Stage IV.

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
^^ yup 25 is too much claimed by suzuki for ritz...

my dad travel 1800+km per month soo he says if diesel gives avg of 20+ soo thats enough saving:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom