Status
Not open for further replies.

paradisevikas

Jack of all Trades.
hi,
i want to gift a new phone to my wife.
my or u can say her primary needs are:-
1. budget upto 10-12k @ max
2. should be tough to stay last as my 2 year old son is very naughty.
3. should speak a style

coming to technicals
should have
1. radio,wifi,bluetooth,nice display, ok types cam(better thn avg if not best)
2. if having ne os then it would be a treat
3. gud music and video play back to watch movies on it (mostly in avi formats)
4. *nice battry life*
5. should work flawlessly i mean fassst (fast processor n gud amt of ram)
6. must not hang
7. 3g if possible

yaar kul mila ke koi dikkat nahi aaye 2-3 saal .

i saw 2 phones yesterday
samsung i200 powered by winmo 6.1 @9k
nokia e63 @ 12.5k
here in jaipur

out of these phones e63 had appealed to my wife.
thnxx
plz hlp me asap.

sujoyp

Grand Master
ok if u can adjust with that e63 business phone then it has all the qualities...coz other then that none has wifi in that range

again symbian is bit slow but win mobile are slower and more complicated for normal users.

offtopic : i wish nokia releases something like n78 quickly(in that price range;-))

Tamoghno

Padawan
Yup , i females are never comfortable with smartphones like e63. And i beg you not to give winmo , its the worst smartphone os.

Try lg cookie , simple easy to use no frills phone with attractive ui.
Or if you want something durable , try 6500 slide or supernova series.

Though a much cheaper option , i've seen girls really like 6300.

sujoyp

Grand Master
hey friends what he wants is a smartphone with wifi

he wants to play avi on it...which is not possible in a non-smartphone.

k4ce

Youngling
but the nokia's business line ( e-seriez) is not known for its audio capabilities ... infact they are pathetic when it comes to audio quality ... so its a tight rope this person is walking ... he cant have all his requirements ... he'll have to comprimise somewhere

Tamoghno

Padawan
but the nokia's business line ( e-seriez) is not known for its audio capabilities ... infact they are pathetic when it comes to audio quality ... so its a tight rope this person is walking ... he cant have all his requirements ... he'll have to comprimise somewhere

Have you heard e63 ? Please try a demo of e63/e66/e71. Its almost as good as most s60 phones or walkman phone. It also have 3.5 mm jack.

Though i still cant recommend e63. If you need avi then you may try N73me. Plays divx nicely with free divx player.

OP
P

paradisevikas

Jack of all Trades.
thnx for all the support
yesterday saw 2-3 more new fones one was t700 (if m nt wrong) @ 11700 n one was g900 @14k.but the problem was tht both of them were java phones i mean can we install s/w on thm ?
dammgoodman can u plz tell me whats d price of w595 n is it a smart phone ?
tamoghno thnx for ur suggestion but n73 is much older phone now ..... and i myself is a winmo user so i kno how pathetic is to use winmo :)
what i want is ....... it must be a new phone n tough to stay last as my son is xtreemly pampered as like ne other child.
n yes i saw e51 also is was all cased in steel body but was dated in looks dept.
m totally confused.
so plzz help me bhai log.

OP
P

paradisevikas

Jack of all Trades.
^^ is divx avi support and smartphone is must for you ?

yaar a smartphone is must as if ne thing is nt there in phone later on we can install third party s/w i kno how imp it cud be
m myself using smartphone since many years from nokia 7710 , touch ,to asus. nearly 5-6 years.

sujoyp

Grand Master
if ur son is very naughty...forget sonyericsson phones and other touch phones...

nokia is best for these situations:razz:

Tamoghno

Padawan
Yep if you need sturdy phone go for nokia . The newer eseries is built like a tank. E51 seems like a nice choice for you.

Look if you need smartphone , then you dont have much choice left in 10k range . That is kinda starting range for nokia. E51 will suit all your need .

Let me show you something about eseries durability.

Tamoghno

Padawan
see this link , pretty much tells everythingn about eseries durability.

*www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1524431

sude

Tech'ing life seriously!!
go forward and get urself an E63. even i am in search of an smartfone.. E63 wud hv been my choice of fone if i had money..... nevertheless i am settling for motorola q8 (old technology at a new price which i am getting)

nevertheless... go ahead with e63.
and wish u a happy married life..

-SUDE

sujoyp

Grand Master
smartphone???....they look very smart but dont have an OS:razz:

I have great exp with T700...stylish enough...very light..and good specs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom