Want to assemble a Desktop for Gaming and SAP application Under ~50k

boldtank

Right off the assembly line
1. What is your MAX budget? 40K, +/- 2K
2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why? Yes,
3. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
First SAP application for testing and learning and second but not least will be used for Gaming like Assassins Creed, God of War, Crysis, Batman
4. Planning to overclock? Interested but not a priority
5. Which OS are you planning to use?Win 7 Home Premium/ XP
6. How much hard drive space is needed?500 gb latter add more
7. What resolution will the screen run at?Not sure but HD will be preffered
8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)6
9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler? Many during 2004-2006, few days back disassembled and re-assembled my DV6 laptop
10. When are you planning to buy the system? Two weeks
11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?sure but can upgrade later
12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.Not need a high end display...after few months will connect it to a HD TV, games will be played using XBOX controller
13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?Bangalore..and open to buy it online from ITDepot etc.
14. Mention any other points if deemed necessaryGonna assemble it for my best friend. he want a small cabinet..hard to make him increase his budget..somehow will convince him not to go for Micro ATX form factor...

After searching the local market we finally decide to increase our budget and with it there are some changes as well as some more addition to the components/peripherals.

The new list as well as their cost (here in Bangalore) is mentioned below; we are sure going to build this rig on the coming saturday.

CPU : AMD 3.5 GHz Phenom II X4 970 BE ~ 7 K
Motherboard: ASUS M5A88-M ~ 4.5 K
PSU : Seasonic S1211-520 520W ~ 4 K
Cabinet : Cooler Master Elite 370 ~ 2 K
RAM : Corsair DDR3 $ Gb (1333 MHz) ~ 1.1 K
HDD : WD Cabiar Green 1 Tb (64 Mb cache) ~ 4.6 K
GPU : Sapphire AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6850 1 Gb DDR5 ~ 8.8 K
Monitor : AOC 21.5" LCD (E2243FW2K) Full HD ~ 7.3 K
KB/Mouse: Logitech Wireless Combo MK 220 ~ 1.1 K
TV Tuner : Frontech FT External LCD TV Box JIL 0617 ~ 1 K
DDVRW : ASUS DRW-24B3ST ~ 1.1 K
Speaker : Logitech 5.1 Channel ~ 4.8 K
UPS : APC 600 VA ~ 1.9 K
TOTAL--------------------------------------------------------------------------------~ 49.1 K

The local computer market is really bad, they always try to push either products offering higher margin to them or old...graphics card need a 6 pin connecter and they are ready to push zebrinics PSU gold edition PSU which do not have it,,:p.

Some shop owners even ready to give 980/1075 series processor in the same cost and some want to convince for FX 4100

Plz help us out to decide the best possible combination/improvements.

Thanks in advance

Cilus

laborare est orare
You have mentioned your budget as 40K but the chosen config is around 50K. So could you please clarify what the actual budget is?

After looking into the config, I am sure that you have taken some of the components from one of my suggestions.

HEre are couple of suggestions:
Get Phenom II X6 1075T around 7.5K. It is a 6 core processor and can be great help in running productivity and development works.
Price of Asus M5A88M is around 5.4K and 1 TB WD HDD is available at 5.6K, not 4.5K.

OP
B

boldtank

Right off the assembly line
You have mentioned your budget as 40K but the chosen config is around 50K. So could you please clarify what the actual budget is?

After looking into the config, I am sure that you have taken some of the components from one of my suggestions.

HEre are couple of suggestions:
Get Phenom II X6 1075T around 7.5K. It is a 6 core processor and can be great help in running productivity and development works.
Price of Asus M5A88M is around 5.4K and 1 TB WD HDD is available at 5.6K, not 4.5K.

Initially our budget was 40k but after searching the market and on internet we increased it to 50 K.

My friend is hardly going to use this desktop for productivity or development works mostly for games and he will install SAP just to learn the required modules or interfaces(so that he can change his job)

After your comment we checked our quotation and only one has said 5.4K for mobo rest are giving it for 4.5K...:p

And no one quoted more than 5K for WD 1 TB.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Then grab everything you got....just get the Phenom II X6 1075T instead of 970.

Top Bottom