Want PC to start on AC ON

mitraark

Decrepit
I am leaving my room for a month , i need my PC to be running all the time. I could just leave it on and lock the room and go away but sometimes there are power cuts.

Is there any way my PC will start on its on when Power comes back ? I tried to change settings in BIOS to have Boot on AC Power ON but it's not working for some reason. What is the exact option for doing this ?

My motherboard is Gigabyte H55M-S2

debarshi

Otaku
You can set it to sleep and wake up at specified intervals.

And you can use uTorrent remote if you are torrenting to check the status...........

Another thing is, if you have UPS, before leaving, disconnect monitor to get a better backup time in case of powercuts, unfortunately, thats all you can probably do......

But it still carries risk of fires, and all, so 1 month is not good............7 days may be okay

You can also try out teamviewer, for remote controlling your pc.

Flash

Lost in speed
Why do you want to run your PC for a month? Any specific reason or downloading some big-thingy?

Myth

Cyborg Agent
There was an option in BIOS something like "ac on power loss". Tinker with those settings.
I tried it once. and it did work.
Once the ups drains out the system would power off. When power came back on, the system would boot itself automatically.
Though leaving the system like this is not at all advisable especially if there are frequent power cuts in your area.

OP
mitraark

mitraark

Decrepit
There was an option in BIOS something like "ac on power loss". Tinker with those settings.
I tried it once. and it did work.
Once the ups drains out the system would power off. When power came back on, the system would boot itself automatically.
Though leaving the system like this is not at all advisable especially if there are frequent power cuts in your area.

I did keep such an option ON in my BIOS, POWER ON AC , i didn't work when i turned off power supply and then resumed power again, i though maybe i had to do something in addition to it.. anyways , my PC has been on till now ( i can see torrents 'seeding' on a private tracker ). I needed my PC to be ON because i run the DC++ Hub in my college.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
You can set it to sleep and wake up at specified intervals.

And you can use uTorrent remote if you are torrenting to check the status...........

Another thing is, if you have UPS, before leaving, disconnect monitor to get a better backup time in case of powercuts, unfortunately, thats all you can probably do......

But it still carries risk of fires, and all, so 1 month is not good............7 days may be okay

You can also try out teamviewer, for remote controlling your pc.

in addition you can take out the gfx card from the PCIe slot. will save a lot of power and increase backup on ups. but put the case fans and cpu fan on medium settings.. coz on full speed for 1 month they'll burn for sure. if possible, open the side of the cpu.

Top Bottom