Want it Shocked?? PART II

Status
Not open for further replies.

goobimama

 Macboy
This tutorial will help you create Lava text effect.

Step 1: Create a new document. Any size.

Step 2: Make sure you have the default colours (press D) and then Press Alt+Backspace to set your background to black.

Step 3: Press ‘X’ to invert your colours.

Step 4: Take your type tool and type some text. Anything.

Step 5: Right-click on your text in the text layer and select “rasterise layer�.

Step 6: Go to Filter > Stylize > Wind. Click OK.

Step 7: Go to Edit > Transform > Rotate 90 CW.

Repeat step 6 and step 7, 7 more times. Then do step 7 one time.

Step 8: Centre the text by Holding down Ctrl+Shift and dragging it to the center.

Step 9: Go to Filter > Distort > Ripple and set the amount to 100 and size to small

Step 10: Duplicate this layer. Go to Filter > Distort > Ripple and set the size to Medium. OK. Then change the blend mode of the layer to Overlay.

Step 11: Duplicate the layer with the medium ripple. Go to Filter > Distort > Ripple and Set the size to Large. Change the blend mode of this layer to Exclusion.

Step 12: Make a new layer. Paint over it with a colour you would like your effect to look like. Use high contrast colours. Then change the blend mode to Overlay.

Step 13: Now, press D to reset your colour palette. Take your horizontal type tool and type the same text you had typed earlier, with the exact same font and size. Then, move it over to the center right above the old text.

Step 14: Right-click the layer and select Blending Options. Go to Outer Glow and change the colour in the colour-box to white. Also, set the Opacity to 60 and the ‘size’ to 10. Click OK.

Step 15: Change the opacity of the new text layer to 25%
*img30.exs.cx/img30/5271/electrictext27tp.jpg

and move the text layer below the colour layer.

*img174.exs.cx/img174/4836/electrictext10ml.jpg

Voila!

Final:
*img30.exs.cx/img30/6979/electrictext36uj.jpg

Alternates:
- If you find that your text is not visible, then increase the opacity of the text layer.
- Use Bright Green for an excellent Poison Effect.

Btw, Koolbluez, I hope using this title doesn't make any problems with you, if you do, just say, I'll change it, no probs.

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
goobimama u gave very good tutorial
but i cant try it successful

i used photoshop 5.5
Right-click on your text in the text layer and select “rasterise layer�.
the option is not available

Step 12: Make a new layer. Paint over it with a colour you would like your effect to look like. Use high contrast colours. Then change the blend mode to Overlay.

when i clicked new layer new layer is created but how to edit it i mean paint it i cant do it. or draw anything on it.

i want " Khoobsurat " to be written instead of goobimama
with differenet size

please tell me or make it and give it to me
i want same colour and also design should be same.

OP
goobimama

goobimama

 Macboy
the option is not available

You must be right-clicking on the thumbnail of the layer in the layers pallette. right-click on the text part of the layer. Anyway, there is another way around this. Making sure your layer is selected, go to Layers > Rasterize > Layer. It might be a bit different in photoshop 5.5, I'm not sure, but it has to be there.

when i clicked new layer new layer is created but how to edit it i mean paint it i cant do it. or draw anything on it.

After you create the new layer, make sure you have selected it in the layers pallette, in my case, Layer 1. Then select your brush tool from your toolbox (press B). Then, change your foreground colour to whatever you wish it to be. Then you paint over the layer.

*img247.echo.cx/img247/8396/khoob26zy.th.jpg

Your problem is either you are not selecting the brush tool, or the new layer is not selected in the layers pallette.

your first image:
*img249.echo.cx/img249/1136/khoob11yj.th.jpg

second image:
*img247.echo.cx/img247/5078/khoob37sc.th.jpg

I dont' remember what font I had used earlier so I just experimented. If you want it in a specific font, or colour, then let me know.

Happy photoshopping!

Also, a word of advice, move on to Adobe photoshop CS, or when it releases, CS2

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
Thanks goobimama for your fast reply. Reply in just 6 hours that to posted images that i wanted.

just one more thing to ask
is there any file that by one click do all the work for me,instead of following from Step 1 to Step 15

i heard it but dont know where i can find it.

thanks for your help.

OP
goobimama

goobimama

 Macboy
I don't know GIMP. I only use Photoshop and ImageReady and also occasionally Illustrator and Fireworks. I think Photoshop is much much better than GIMP. Gimp is too complicated.

OP
goobimama

goobimama

 Macboy
is there any file that by one click do all the work for me,instead of following from Step 1 to Step 15

There is a very nice way of saving the steps in an "actions" file. I am not really in support of it, but anyway, here's how "I" do it.

Make sure your actions pallette is open. (alt+F9)
- Click on the right arrow or triangle in the upper right corner of the pallette. Its just below the close button. That opens up the pallette Menu. In there, click New Action.
- Name your action and click Record. From then on, anything that you do in photoshop gets recorded in the defined action.
- When you are done doing the steps, click on the stop record button, bottom of the pallette.
- Whenever you want to perform the defined action, just click on Play button and all the steps will be done.
- To save your actions file, just open the pallette menu again, and click Save Actions. Save your actions to a file, wherever. then, if you want to import it, just open the pallette menu again, and click load actions and you get the respective actions in your actions pallette.

If someone has anything better, please post and let me know, I think my method is far too long, there must be something much more quicker.

The reason i don't include action files in my tutorials is that people tend to get a bit lazy with action files and don't experiment with the program. Its great for batch jobs though...

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Gimp is hell complex... and unstable at times...

I'll go for Photoshop itself... oops... donno what's it's new name... Photoworks (Macromedia+Adobe!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom