Want Android phone around 17K

red dragon

Master troll
You will have to wait for a long long time.
SGR is probably Sammy's last priority for ICS.
Is there a CM9 for SGR?
I will still suggest you O2X over SGR.
I had to make some UV script for a friend at XDA;spent last weekend with o2x and the related threads at xda.
Must admit,there are some fantastic devs out there for this wonderful phone.
It is sad,how LG failed to promote such a great product.
The display is so damn beautiful and so underrated!!

aroraanant

Explorer
You can go for HTC Explorer, Samsung Galaxy Y and other samsung and htc mobiles which has android os within your budget.

Are you a moron or what....you are suggesting 8-11k phone to a person whose budget is of 21k....And in all the threads you post crap i.e.suggest phones which are not good or are not according to the budget of the OP and in the end you right other models from HTC and samsung.
I suggest you to just buzz off and if you wanna suggest then be specific,just suggest one or two models which are according to the budget of the person and fulfill his/her requirement.
What are you trying to show by posting such irrelevant information,do you want to just increase your no. of posts?

MODS please look into this matter seriously.I suggest you to ban this person

OP
TheMost

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
You will have to wait for a long long time.
SGR is probably Sammy's last priority for ICS.
Is there a CM9 for SGR?
I will still suggest you O2X over SGR.
I had to make some UV script for a friend at XDA;spent last weekend with o2x and the related threads at xda.
Must admit,there are some fantastic devs out there for this wonderful phone.
It is sad,how LG failed to promote such a great product.
The display is so damn beautiful and so underrated!!

But what about the RAM ?

SGR -> 1GB
o2x 512mb

That won't make any big difference in performance ah ??
I don't know - That's y i'm asking !! :???:

red dragon

Master troll
No!At least I did not face any problem.
The biggest problem for o2x was the battery.
Even after some pretty extreme undervolting(with couple of sods) it barely lasted 12hrs on 3g moderate to heavy use,aprox 4 hrs of screen time.
But I used the phone for less than 3 days with a lot of kernel flashes.
Regular user should get better battery life.

aroraanant

Explorer
How is HTC incredible S ?? Is it worth ??

I own it,it is a very good phone....with a very good cam,good UI and everything is good..I found no issues/problem in it. And it is better than SE Arc
If you wanna ask anything in particular then PM me

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@red dragon, do you know how much ram is allotted to the Geforce ULP GPU?

But what about the RAM ?

SGR -> 1GB
o2x 512mb

That won't make any big difference in performance ah ??
I don't know - That's y i'm asking !! :???:

only weak point is 512Mb ram. around 768Mb would have been appropriate.

in my mobile (Optimus One), i usually get 300-320Mb free ram. this is enough for a entrylevel mobile but looking at the specs of O2X, this may be less. moreover with LG filling up all its mobiles with crapwares & a powerful GPU, ram will act as bottleneck for sure. though custom rom should fix this issue easily.

red dragon

Master troll
Actually RAM utilization of Android is somewhat different,it is sort of dynamic management of memory.

I think the device I had,showed 370MB of available RAM,rest I guess is for the gpu.

Used 9-10 apps usual apps continuously without closing a single one...always had around 100-150MB of free RAM.

Ask any user here,I doubt anyone will have less than 60MB of free memory.

The stock lg launcher is actually very buggy causing stutters but NEVER had low memory.

Moreover for Android free RAM is basically wasted RAM.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I think the device I had,showed 370MB of available RAM,rest I guess is for the gpu.

my mobile shows 419Mb usable ram i.e. GPU uses 93Mb !!!

Ask any user here,I doubt anyone will have less than 60MB of free memory.

the ones with just 256Mb ram usually have very less free memory. used a lowend Android a year ago & free memory was less than 30Mb, with a few apps running in background.

The stock lg launcher is actually very buggy causing stutters but NEVER had low memory.

i have used a modified O2X launcher on my mobile for around 2-3 months. no shutter. maybe it was fixed by the one who ported it.

Moreover for Android free RAM is basically wasted RAM.

yup. unless the app in memory is keeping the mobile awake all the time. Classic example is Facebook app.

AcceleratorX

Youngling
My recommendation is an LG Optimus 2X, LG Optimus Black, Samsung Galaxy SL, or the Sony Ericsson Xperia Pro (recently launched).

OP
TheMost

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
They say that GALAXY R is unavail in Chennai ( say that it has been stopped )
My Dad said u can buy SII if u want - But i feel should i invest 30K on it and is it worth ..
What do u think guys is it worth buying SII ( would i use all the features ? )
Or
Should i go for LG O2X/buy SGR online ???

Just your opinion .....

red dragon

Master troll
Get the o2x,spending 30k on a phone does not feel right.

O2X probably has the best dev support at xda(and they are mature enough compared to the stupid and cocky gs2 devs)

AcceleratorX

Youngling
Go for the LG Optimus 2X. It's very good VFM at the moment, and the features (and performance) offered for the price are simply incredible. The developer community is also decent enough.

Samsung Galaxy SII has a little issue with its camera. Depending on where the phone is made, Samsung is sourcing different sensor modules to fit onto the Galaxy SII. One of these sensors (a Fujitsu) has some severe problems with video recording as well as worse image quality.

OP
TheMost

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
^ I get Note for 31,300 in ebay (sealed)
So i thought NOTE would be a better choice than SII ..

What do u think ??

Top Bottom