My config is

Intel i7 930 2.8GHz
Asus rampage 2 extreme
4 Gb DDR3 Ram
HDD 160GB & 500 GB
VIP 500W Gold SMPS
xfx 8600GT 512MB
Sony Dual layer writer

I am looking for new graphics card so I can play FEAR 3, Crysis 2, Battlefield 3 and any game coming in future
I am unable to deside between nvidia & AMD-ATI

Cilus

laborare est orare
Then sell of your VIP power supply first, it cannot handle any high end card. Get MSI HD 6950 Twin Frozr III @ 15.5K and Corsair GS700 @ 4.8K

Cilus

laborare est orare
^^ Which version of HD 6950 you're talking about. Till now MSI Twin Frozr III is the best version of HD 6950 and it is available @ 15.5K in smcinternational

Cilus

laborare est orare
^^ Ya, I think so. He can also go for TX650 V2, available @ 5.2K instead of GS700.

Last edited:

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
if you can wait a little. amd hd7000 series are coming in Q4 2011. and till that time change your psu to Corsair TX650 V2 @ 5.2k or TX750 V2 @ 6.2k or TX850 V2 @ 7k. 850 in case you go for multi gpu solution later.

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
^^ Which version of HD 6950 you're talking about. Till now MSI Twin Frozr III is the best version of HD 6950 and it is available @ 15.5K in smcinternational

actually didn't saw ur post while reply i was suggesting the sapphire one i think the MSI one will run cooler than the sapphire BTW will SMC charge 5% vat on that MRP never bought from them
Buy Sapphire | Sapphire HD6950 2GB DDR5 PCI Express card | Buy PCI Express card | Buy Graphic card
anyway cilus will not a GS600 do the job for him

VX series of PSU was always best from corsair & also under rated than the original capability

Buy Sapphire | Sapphire HD6950 2GB DDR5 PCI Express card | Buy PCI Express card | Buy Graphic card

@pankaj ur current psu is overrated indian brand PSU which will burn if a real 500W load is applied

Cilus

laborare est orare
mithun, SMC never charge 5% vat on their price, I think you are confusing it with lynx-india. SMC prices are including tax and only shipping charge(which is again very low, around 100 to 150 bucks for Gfx card) is added to the price. I have purchased my 890GXM-G65 mobo from them.

pankaj3, for a PSU the most important thing is how much current it can provide to its 12 volt rail as most of the components draw power from that rail, not the total wattage. Normally a good PSU should provide minimum 82% to 85% of its power through the 12V rail. All the premium PSUs from Corsair, FSP, Seasonic normally provide more than 85% power to the 12V rail.

If you want some cheap alternative then get Corsair GS600W 80+ CPU @ 3.8K

Cilus

laborare est orare
Bad choice. XFX has poor build quality than their competitors and their Aftersales service is very very poor.

Cilus

laborare est orare
you mean tx 650v2...dont you:p

build quality...NO...
bad aftersales services...definitely yes....

Sir, edited my post...:sad::sad:.

And currently really XFX is having some build quality issues. Two of my XFX cards started to show memory problem after just 4 to 6 months used...Then I don't wanna say a single thing about RMA.

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
Sir, edited my post...:sad::sad:.

And currently really XFX is having some build quality issues. Two of my XFX cards started to show memory problem after just 4 to 6 months used...Then I don't wanna say a single thing about RMA.

he he ...its cool bro...
also can you tell me the name of the importers of those two cards?

Sarath

iDota
Even I suggest you save up and once you have 25k you can take a 20k GFX and a 5k PSU.
Although the newer offering will be much faster. Wait for it. You are buying too close to new releases.

But if its urgent then PSU first and then GPU. The 6950 is good for what you pay. I already have the GS700 PSU. So I can recommend that too.

Top Bottom